Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Is it possible that my 10/77 F250 4x4 is a tall boy?

It has spacer blocks under the rear leaf springs, and the transfer case seems to be a separate part from the trans. Any on have pics of the items so that I can compare?

Thanks.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Pretty sure that the divorced transfer case indicates a "high boy"

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
d25256f287c09cf9713f52a48991be44.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
The divorced case is supposed to be one of the key traits of the nicknamed trucks... I have seen that name applied to nearly every Ford possible though. Sad thing about all the craze is that it really was never anything special. Not a package, not an improvement, just the plain stock offering. You couldn't get an F250 4x4 any other way at that time...

yeah, but they look good!

I drank a hot schlitz I found when I was about 15 and about croaked. never tried another schlitz.

You know why women don't dring beer on the beach?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
It has spacer blocks under the rear leaf springs, and the transfer case seems to be a separate part from the trans. Any on have pics of the items so that I can compare?

Thanks.

I'm confused about that one. If it was manufactured in 10/77, it would have been a 1978 model year. The "highboy" would have been discontinued halfway through the 1977 model year.

Do you know what the DSO code is on the VIN plate?

They don't want to get sand in their Schlitz.

Mine is a 10/77, that is why i am confused. The transfer case is attached where the output shaft comes out of the trans, the rear axle has big blocks between it and the leaf springs.

The non ford named Highboy was done with Vin# Y80000
Every 77 with Y80001 and higher is not a Highboy.

Check your Vin .if the last six digits start with two letters Like AE. .it's a 78.

Ford Truck Articles