Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Interior Whoring

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I prefer the thicker wheel for comfort.

Fellro

Staff member
Never really had any issues with the skinnies myself... just too used to them I guess...

Blade

Backwoods boy

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I drove an 86 bronco a bunch with the skinny wheel and it just felt wrong. I have the full size in the 94 PLUS the steering wheel cover. Nice upgrade. YelloThumbUp

Ryan

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I drove an 86 bronco a bunch with the skinny wheel and it just felt wrong. I have the full size in the 94 PLUS the steering wheel cover. Nice upgrade. YelloThumbUp

Ryan

Exactly.But I don't think they offered a skinny wheel after the 7th gen,they're not very comfortable,and that's about the time Safety started to come into play,and I wouldn't necessarily deem the skinny steering wheels safe.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Thanks Duncan.

I don't know about everyone else,but those skinny wheels just feel like they're gonna break with the slightest tug.I'd hate to see what happens in an accident.

They both hurt I still have a circle mark on my chest every time I get xray.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Well,I picked up a headliner from the junkyard,and I finally drilled the holes for the rear trim piece that goes above the rear window.The center console is also done.I just need to pick up some foam and Realtree material,and some 3M Glue,and put it all together and then install it.After that,I need to find some map pockets,and some black carpet,and the interior will be good to go_Once I get the headliner in,i'll post some pics.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
A couple updated Pics...

If anybody notices,I was able to get those door panels I missed out on when I got the new interior.Not sure if I ever posted them or not.

modelsandemblems1538.jpg

modelsandemblems1539.jpg

modelsandemblems1565.jpg

She's sportin her Ranger Lariat insignia now too.
modelsandemblems1553.jpg

modelsandemblems1533.jpg

And last but not least,the new (2007) Pioneer Receiver.And yes,it works!

modelsandemblems1571.jpg

Still looking for a Ranger Lariat Radio Bezel too.If you've seen one and can acquire it,give me a holler.

rangerlariatradiobezel2.jpg

Last edited:

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
lookin good dude...ever thought about rubber or vynyl instead of carpeted floorboards?...itd b easier to clean em and they wont get ruined if the get soaked

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
lookin good dude...ever thought about rubber or vynyl instead of carpeted floorboards?...itd b easier to clean em and they wont get ruined if the get soaked

Thanks man,I appreciate it.

The truck originally came with a vinyl floor mat.But i'm retiring the truck from hard work,so i'm gonna treat it to carpet.It's had a hard life,it's time for luxury.This truck will be more of a show truck and an occasional play truck.

I picked up a new Ranger Lariat seat the other day too.It'll eventually be recovered in a black/silver/white scheme.

modelsandemblems1580.jpg

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
aah i see.... and what material u gonna go with on the seat just normal fabric? or are you going with velour or vynyl/leather, or neoprene or somethin?...i need to mess with my 84 and replace the trannie and fix the couple oil leaks and the vaccuum leak but the money well is dang near dry right now.. i forgot what engine ur pickup has in it..i wanna say the 300i6 or am i wrong?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
aah i see.... and what material u gonna go with on the seat just normal fabric? or are you going with velour or vynyl/leather, or neoprene or somethin?...i need to mess with my 84 and replace the trannie and fix the couple oil leaks and the vaccuum leak but the money well is dang near dry right now.. i forgot what engine ur pickup has in it..i wanna say the 300i6 or am i wrong?

yeah hes got the 300. and a C6 tranny.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i couldnt remember ..but i thought it did...u plannin on keepin ur i6 or droppin a v8 in it?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
i couldnt remember ..but i thought it did...u plannin on keepin ur i6 or droppin a v8 in it?

For the seat,it's gonna be recovered in the same vinyl/cloth it's in now,just Black and Silver.

For the engine,it is a 300 I6.Most people look at my truck and assume it has a 302.lol.

I'm gonna keep the 300 as it's somethin different.This won't be a high horsepower truck.I'm kinda concerned about the condition of the block though,so I might have to find another one,but I definitely want to keep a 300 in the truck.

I've got the seat in the truck now.Alot better than the original seat.

picture013e.jpg

picture015al.jpg

picture009rm.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts