Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

in absolute awe......

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
5 degrees? OUCH. I just had to replace my dizzy as the bearings were shot. The new dizzy itself helped it out alot but so did bumping the timing up to 16*. 16 MPG city anyone?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You take it up a steep hill and load the engine in overdrive without letting it downshift? That's when mine used to ping when I was running around 14* on 87.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok heres the 0-60 for the 88. keep in mind the speedo is 5 mph off so when it hits 55 its really 60. and also the 3.08 gear is slowing it down some. sucks. it needs 3.73s. maybe another rear end swap in the future????? i counted right bout 9 secs.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
yea they are for an 8.8.....I bought them and a posi carrier that needed to be rebuilt. the carrier is a little rusty but the gears have been contained. The guy I got them from had em in the box his new gears came in. No chipping or wear on em, they are in excellent shape.

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Ann just drives better than you Chris.....you need a driver mod.....'hah' 'hah' 'hah'

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
im really happy with my 5.0 :)

when i get the C4 im gonna do a 0-60 time.. i did it with the manual with my friends Iphone app to record 0-60 but i was spinning the whole 1st gear and party 2nd soo it came to about an 7.5

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts