Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I'm here now

Whats up y'all, the name's Rick, I'm friends with Chris (Skandocious), If anyone's ever over on FSB or UC4x4, I'm the same guy. It's weird starting out fresh on a forum again... Anyway here's the rig:

95 Bronco, 351, E4OD, around 6" or lift with deaver front coils, rear shackle flip and zero rate. Warn Prems, 4.10 gears, rear E-locker, 35s Homebuilt front bumper with 9500lb winch, T-bird fan. Lets see, I think thats about it. Some poser shots...
img_2469.jpg

photo0029.jpg

n29909231_30730107_2017.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey you made it! Fantastic!

Rick is a buddy of mine from high school. We chit-chatted a few times here and there but never really had anything to talk about :rofl:

Until now of course :D He had the badass rig in high school too and I always envied his ability to do his own work on it. Now we've got a common thread eh Rick? :rofl: Rick if you click my signature graphic it'll take you to some more pics of my truck. Be sure and tell me whatchu think :)

Last edited:
Wow your quick! Yeah man when did you get into trucks? (or was I just missing it the whole time...) When did you get that rig? I think I would have noticed it at MV, looks good though, super cleeeean! Are you referring to the same Centurion that makes 4 door Broncos or did it come like that from the factory?

It may not look it but the trucks come a long way since HS, so has the driver, in terms of wheeling at least...

Question for ya: How do you like the Taurus E-fan? Frankly I think my T-bird one lacks the balls to keep up when it's hot or I'm towing etc.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow your quick! Yeah man when did you get into trucks? (or was I just missing it the whole time...) When did you get that rig? I think I would have noticed it at MV, looks good though, super cleeeean! Are you referring to the same Centurion that makes 4 door Broncos or did it come like that from the factory?

It may not look it but the trucks come a long way since HS, so has the driver, in terms of wheeling at least...

Question for ya: How do you like the Taurus E-fan? Frankly I think my T-bird one lacks the balls to keep up when it's hot or I'm towing etc.
Nah didn't have it in high school, got it about 2 years.

[highlight]EDIT: [/highlight]And to answer your other question... I've always liked Ford trucks (my dad taught my brother and I to love 'em), but I never knew how to work on cars. When I bought this one I joined up on a few forums and did a LOT of posting/reading. Racked up almost 5k on another site and now I've got almost 9k here. Everything I've learned has been through reading on these boards and Google ;) I do all my own work now (cept for my gear swap, screw that).

And yeah this is the same Centurion that used to do the 4door broncs. They also stretched F150s into crew cabs, since F150s didn't come in a crew cab until later models.

As for the efan-- I'm not entirely positive but I thought the t-bird fan was BIGGER and more powerful than the Taurus fan...? I know for a fact that the lincoln one pulls more air but perhaps I'm confused about the tbird. Anyways, mine does great! The low speed keeps my engine cool whenever she starts to heat up, and if it starts getting really hot from working too hard. But I try to avoid the high speed until I upgrade my alternator cuz it pulls WAY too much load on the charging system (dips my gauge like crazy).

How did you wire yours?

Last edited:
Nah didn't have it in high school, got it about 2 years.

[highlight]EDIT: [/highlight]And to answer your other question... I've always liked Ford trucks (my dad taught my brother and I to love 'em), but I never knew how to work on cars. When I bought this one I joined up on a few forums and did a LOT of posting/reading. Racked up almost 5k on another site and now I've got almost 9k here. Everything I've learned has been through reading on these boards and Google ;) I do all my own work now (cept for my gear swap, screw that).

And yeah this is the same Centurion that used to do the 4door broncs. They also stretched F150s into crew cabs, since F150s didn't come in a crew cab until later models.

As for the efan-- I'm not entirely positive but I thought the t-bird fan was BIGGER and more powerful than the Taurus fan...? I know for a fact that the lincoln one pulls more air but perhaps I'm confused about the tbird. Anyways, mine does great! The low speed keeps my engine cool whenever she starts to heat up, and if it starts getting really hot from working too hard. But I try to avoid the high speed until I upgrade my alternator cuz it pulls WAY too much load on the charging system (dips my gauge like crazy).

How did you wire yours?

You couldn't run dual alternators Chris?

Oh, hows it goin Rick, welcome to FTF. :wavey:

Way to go man, learning and doing it yourself is the only way to go. Can't blame you on the gear swap though... ha.

Well thats where the confusion starts, my fan is bigger and should be more powerful than the taurus ones, The Mark 8 uses the same fan as the T-bird. I skipped the low setting all together, I only use high (but I do have a 160A alt for the winch) I might have to replace the radiator but it cooled fine with the stock fan and clutch so I assumed everything was ok in there. I have a spare one sitting around, might have to throw it in.

Here's my install writeup: Read through the whole thing, I changed it a bunch toward the end.
http://uc4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=938

EDIT: Thanks Conner!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Rick is a buddy of mine from high school.

Well now I'm a bit confused...This post makes it seem like you guys were friends bolstering your contention that you were cool in high school.

Wow your quick! Yeah man when did you get into trucks? (or was I just missing it the whole time...) When did you get that rig? I think I would have noticed it at MV, looks good though

This post lends credibility to OUR contention that you were/are just a nerdy skinny hippy kid.

So which is it?

smilietease

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Crap, long thread. I'll have to read it later, I'm trying to do a HW assignment with a buddy right now.

I read through the first page and it looks okay except that the other guys are right about using a starter relay; they're not meant for continuous duty and won't work well for an efan application. I'll read the rest later.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
A guy on FSB runs this site, great guy, great products and prices! I don;t notice any engine drag with a 160. (we have the side mount BTW)
http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=6
Yup I've already been drooling over the 160amp for the past few weeks, but I've been searching the junkyards for a side mount 130amp in decent shape so I can save a few bucks.

My brother actually has a 130amp off of his PSD that he removed cuz of a bad bearing. If he still has it I'm going to have that one rebuilt and use it instead ;)

Anyways welcome aboard Rick

Thanks Aaron-- and you know it, everybody's a badass in HS no matter what the reality is!

Chris-DO IT bearings are cheap, alts are relevitely easy to work on, but if you can find one at a PNP, the $15 might be worth it... And all you really need is page 4 and 5 of the install thread.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Welcome. We wont hold u knowing Skan against ya..

Michigan
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have another bronco guy on here. Very nice truck! Love the EB's

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
welcome to the site! im the resident grabber green consultant. i also specialize in old ford blue as well

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts