Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

If you were going to buy a new truck...

There ya go Aaron, nut up and getcha one!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Like I said I'm a bottom line kinda guy so I am flexible with my requirements in order to get the best bottom line numbers.

My friend/salesman knows this and always has a couple good choices lined up for me before he calls me.

Lariat or better is what I told him, the other options are negotiable.

Ken Grody Ford up in Buena Park has a lot full of Platinum edition F150's Aaron.

Little bit of a drive for you though....

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Personally, I'd pass on the Raptor and go with a Lariat or better in a Super Crew. I can think of a number of reasons- the biggest one is the Raptor wouldn't do anything that I'd do with a new truck in this price range.

Personally, I'd pass on the Raptor and go with a Lariat or better in a Super Crew. I can think of a number of reasons- the biggest one is the Raptor wouldn't do anything that I'd do with a new truck in this price range.

Yes, but what about the Resale factor, like the Lightnings.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Yes, but what about the Resale factor, like the Lightnings.

I'd actually bet a loaded King Ranch or Limited brings more money (as % of new sticker price) used than the Raptor will. Think of who's gonna buy them.

Other than the last gen Lightning, used specialty trucks haven't fared well in used car land.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
resale is not an issue for me as I usually trade stuff in. besides I think for the added costs to be justified from a resale standpoint you would have to be able to get that money back out and I don't think you can.

And I'm with you Ernie. I really like the Lariats but would consider the platinum for the right price.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
If I could order what I want and what I need, this is what it would be

F350 crew cab, 8' bed, single rear wheel, 4x4
diesel engine with 6 speed manual tranny
cloth seats (stay cooler in the heat) with rubber floor
power everything (I'm getting too used to creature comforts)
Towing package with integrated trailer brake control (Ford did a great job with that feature)
blue with all the chrome I can find.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts