Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I would like to make something perfectly clear

Kep4

Jäger
Many members make very helpful contributions on our site and we as administrators and moderators are very grateful that someone is willing to be a part of a community we set up. We realize that many people moved from one site to another, but FTF has existed for 2 years now. We are free from the 'reigns' of any other websites and frankly discourage conversation about them. It does nothing but breed discontent and rehash issues that are ireparable and in the past.

I mean no disrespect Dennis, and I hope you take me as sincere. There is only so much a community can take with discussion about another website.

smiliewhathesaid

Ok Dennis, after seeing Mil1ion here and there, explain to me if ya will,,,,, the ,,,,,whoah!!! I just got it, only been 3 or 4 years..... ONE in a Million,,,, :rofl2: some days I am so fast I amaze even myself!! Guess I never stopped to think about it.

It is one of those things that one day smack you on the head.

;)

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ok Dennis, after seeing Mil1ion here and there, explain to me if ya will,,,,, the ,,,,,whoah!!! I just got it, only been 3 or 4 years..... ONE in a Million,,,, :rofl2: some days I am so fast I amaze even myself!! Guess I never stopped to think about it.

God...now I feel stupid, I just always thought it was because the username million was taken everywhere he went, so he took the next closest character. I guess you just can't fix stupid, huh?

I took up this moniker from Roone Arledge president of ABC sports just about 20 years (Feb 15 1988).

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
Well, I guess I should feel pretty good about myself - I picked up on it a couple years ago the first time I saw it... nannernannernanner. I showed it to my daughter back then, and she uses it as her text 'handle'. I told her that there could be some trademark law infringement.:slap:
Back to the topic - yea, I've seen some of your stuff still floating around over there - I didn't think that was very cool.:(

Just my .02 Dennis - you have always been a big help and deserve major respect. Just remember the internet is public, so usually if a file is hosted on a public server anyone can read it. There are certain things you can do to protect images, such as put them in a password protected directory (IIRC you have a photobucket(?) account which may or may not have that option). Simply changing the file location breaks the link on 'other' sites ;) And the watermark is a decent way to mark 'your' images but it won't make them "exclusive". There's lots of ways so if you want more ideas PM me. I am a sys admin by trade and I have many websites and a successful euro auto forum as well, so I've been around the interweb a couple of times now.

I found 2 PDF file hosts.

So e-mails will probably be more secure

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
D, I have saved things you have posted up for me, but only for my own personal use, you don't have a problem with that do you? I hope not, I would never intentionally disrespect you

No I don't.

I worry about the people that want to be the BMOC.

My intent has always be to be honestly helpful to people

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I've printed the stuff you have shared with me and put them in my personal stash of truck related books and diagrams there's no way in the world I could ever remember allot of this stuff and I know i'll need it again the future..

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
OK, Cool, I just wanted to make sure, I didn't think you would have a problem with it, but when I saw this thread I wanted to check...Rick (Salt-Man)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I notice a couple of other people on the other site doing it now.

Yeah I noticed that too. First they posted the link to photobucket...then you moved the images...but some how one guy posted a scanned version. If they wanna use your stuff they should just come over here so they can at least type your name to give you credit.

I have seriously been considering retiring from this internet help thing.

I don't have much of an income and paper,ink,electricity is getting more expensive every month.Never mind my physical health and trying to sit for more than 20 minutes at time.
Then add in the stealing of the many hours of my toiling to provide people with obsolete material for free and it certainly is an option.

I got a huge let down by TL by basically making me irrelevant ( by removing 52,250 posts from my post count) so I am not in the best of spirits these days.

Thank you all for your respect. :)

Yeah I noticed that too. First they posted the link to photobucket...then you moved the images...but some how one guy posted a scanned version. If they wanna use your stuff they should just come over here so they can at least type your name to give you credit.

Those same users of this site that post over there can just as easily state that this site has the correct answer. (see my unanswered threads thread)

It is all about hits, this site needs more hits and members.

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
I'm doing what I can here in Wy to get more members, but it's kinda hard when I live in a town full of chevy lovers.
That doesn't mean that I'm gonna quit tryin' though, it just means that I have to try harder! LolsmilieFordlogo

From the April 1991 Edition of Mustang Illustrated .

Mil1ioninMustangIllustrated.jpg

Ford Truck Articles