Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I want to make it mine.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I would DD it.

100_1674_zps9cf1bf9f.jpg

100_1673_zps58dc6462.jpg

100_1672_zps858d7751.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I need new pants. And a new keyboard.

Secks.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Have you got a lot of fence posts to put in , or light poles ? You could sure do it with that truck.
How many gallons per mile ?

You beat me to it Mark....what's the MPG's of this possible DD? smilieFordlogo

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
That thing is bad ***. Pull the service box off and weld two Superduty boxes togther end to end and paint it jet black.

If i had that thing i know for a fact there wouldnt be one geo that got in MY way. :)

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Nice old truck. I drove one of those for a while. Had a 292 in it, and wasn't that bad on gas. Mack cabover of the same era got it's cabs from Ford

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Did they use that same bodystyle from the 60's clear up into the mid 80's?

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
DIdnt they use that same body style from the 60's clear up into the mid 80's?

Wikipedia said:
Design history

As Ford started squaring off its vehicles in 1957, they finally gave the cab-overs their own designs separate from the rest of the Ford truck lineup. It featured a small grille near the front bumper, with a four-pointed star emblem on each end, the word "F O R D" spelled out below the windshield, and had a cog-and-lightning bolt crest emblem between the headlights. Variations of this emblem were found on many other Ford trucks during the 1950s and into the 1960s. The C-Series held onto this logo the longest.

Design updates

In a fashion similar to the Checker Marathon or Volkswagen Beetle, changes to the C-Series trucks throughout its production were very subtle. If anywhere, many of these changes were identifiable by the changes in the cowl insignias and badging. Between 1958 and 1960, the C-Series used a quad-headlight fascia. This was helpful for fire departments, which wanted to use the extra headlight bezels for emergency flashers, an option that was offered exclusively to fire, and other emergency vehicles after 1960.[1] In 1961, Ford reverted back to the single headlight design; the regular C-series cab closely resembled the 1957 version.[2] A new Super Duty model was added. Another option included a small sleeper cab.

For 1963, the C-Series was updated with the same cowl insignias used by the rest of the medium- and heavy-duty truck line up. The logo had the word FORD on top of a trapezoid with the model number designation. This insignia was used until 1967.[7][8] Also in 1963, Ford introduced diesel versions of the C-series, as well as the N-series and Heavy-Duty F-Series.[9]
1986 Ford C-800 Diesel

In 1968, federal regulations required all automotive manufacturers to add side marker reflectors or lights, which Ford was able to add to the new cowl insignia used on the F-Series since 1967. That same year, Ford decided to add this insignia on the doors of the C-Series, as well. Unlike the Ford F-Series, which removed them for 1973, the C-Series would retain them until the end of production in 1990. After 1972, the Canadian Mercury version of the C-Series was discontinued, becoming the last Mercury truck until the 1993 Mercury Villager.

The year 1974 was the last for the cog-and-lightning bolt crest that graced the front of the trucks from the beginning, and other Ford trucks since the 1950s. In the 1980s, as Ford began adding its blue oval logo to all models; it was added to the C-Series in 1984.

In 1981, Ford introduced the Cargo built by Iveco. By the time the Cargo was imported to North America, the existing C-Series cab looked like a dated design. The last C-Series trucks were built in 1990.

ford-c-series-06_zpsbd8b8a38.jpg

!957

ford-c-series-04_zps743fa9bb.jpg

!958 four headlights

Last edited:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I'd rock it. Not sure what for. But it's cool none the less.
Austin. Attach a buffer head to the post hole digger attachment and you could do some real work!!!! Just set up a small cannon to shot. Ompounds and you could buff a tanker trailer in an hour!!!
Bahahahahahahahahahahshsha

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
the blue oval on the nose is my giveaway that it's a later model... IIRC the 80s and 90s were the only ones that had the oval...

IIRC they made those beasties into the 90s...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'd rock it. Not sure what for. But it's cool none the less.
Austin. Attach a buffer head to the post hole digger attachment and you could do some real work!!!! Just set up a small cannon to shot. Ompounds and you could buff a tanker trailer in an hour!!!
Bahahahahahahahahahahshsha

Don you genius! Heck, I could knock out monster trucks and semi's in no time flat! :D

Ford Truck Articles