Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How much room in the cab extra?

With the cab extra on gen 8/9 trucks how practical is the rear seat - would you use it mostly for tool storage or would smaller adults/teens fit comfortably enough in there for a trip lasting approx 200 miles?

Only ever tried squeezing into a Ranger/Courier extra cab once and i'm sure i couldn't have managed it if i'd been sober.

http://salem.craigslist.org/ctd/3751662190.html

Cab_extra_seat.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Depends on the size of said passengers...our 750 is a supercab and for a couple of hours, a 5'10 180lb guy doesn't get too uncomfortable....seat in front gets pulled forward for extra legroom for the passenger.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Great for small kids. Even better for waterproof storage of camping supplies. I don't think I would want to spend a whole lot of time back there.

Fellro

Staff member
Good for kids mostly. There was some kind of bracket kit to raise them up to make it more liveable...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
No worse than the small cars I car pool in . The 94 up sit higher from factory and have extra back rest . If seats forward not to bad .

Never had any issues with my friends back there when i was younger. Helps to have bucket seats as i was tall and the whole bench had to be back farther. I swapped to buckets which made it better for at least one back seat driver.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts