Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How do I find a new seat for my 79 ford

Hello, I am new to this but I have recently started to restore a 79 ford f150 supercab that has the 60/40 split bench seat which is completely ruined and I am looking to replace it. However, i tried everything I can think of on the internet and the best I can come up with are aftermarket bucket seats. Does anyone know where I could find an original style seat and other quality parts? Any information you have to offer would be greatly appreciated as I am only 19 and this is my first restoration project.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Fellro

Staff member
You may be able to find the components to rebuild, but it is tough to find a good seat.

I personally haven't seen the 60/40 split, I am more used to a single bench with the halves that fold forward. They used those on into the 80's as well.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I would also talk to an upholstery shop to rebuild your seat. Even finding a good seat from a later style truck up to 96 is becoming more difficult. It's not factory but you can look at these guys. They sale seats and the seat mount to bolt to our floors. The cost of a new seat though might be more expensive than an upholstery shop. www.discountvantruck.com/

Ok, thanks guys yes I know that I've been able to use LMC truck to find a lot of parts. Maybe I'll just look at getting my seat rebuilt rather than replaced.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts