Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Has anybody replaced wiper setup with newer?

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I have a few complete sets I would let go cheap. They are untested and currently in Oklahoma. The only down fall of searching for car parts 1500 miles away from home. I can get them up here and test or ship untested from there. Let me know.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
The listing is wrong

The seller didn't mention that depending on which you truck you have and the engineering number on the part , the buyer may have to alter the connections to work properly

I have a governor for the 78 if you're interested.

I sell them for $35.00

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Dennis, I was posting this one for Ken as an example for his '77. The one listed would work if you use the correct spade lugs on the black plug, correct?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The listing is wrong

The seller didn't mention that depending on which you truck you have and the engineering number on the part , the buyer may have to alter the connections to work properly

I have a governor for the 78 if you're interested.

I sell them for $35.00

I'd still need the switch though, right? I saw one on LMC. I wonder if someone has those or if they go pretty cheap somewhere.

Sorry for the late response, Ken. Below is a link to one on Ebay. I found under vintage interior ford parts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/73-7...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item256418e049

Cool, thanks....waiting to hear if the connections would work.

I buy Trico # 43-150
http://www.amazon.com/Trico-43-150-Steel-Blade-Refill/dp/B000CB6AL0

they are the originals
http://www.tricowipersdepot.co.cc/trico-wipers/25
I have a few intermittent governors for sale but no intermittent switches

I have a 77 Ford F150, would it work here also?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm looking for one for my 70 bump as well. Was also wondering if I'd be able to use the current knobs that are on there now for my 77 to keep it for show.

The knobs will work fine.

not to be a di** but have you tried turning the wiper switch backwayd Ken? Lots of people have the intermittent & never know it since you turn it 1 click backward from off position.
John

Fellro

Staff member
We recently started carrying Trico blades at Autozone about a year ago, but they don't show up on the website. We stock 15 inch blades regularly.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
not to be a di** but have you tried turning the wiper switch backwayd Ken? Lots of people have the intermittent & never know it since you turn it 1 click backward from off position.
John

I'm going to go try it now. Thanks for the suggestion! Interesting the thousands of hours in this build and they wouldn't add that.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm going to go try it now. Thanks for the suggestion! Interesting the thousands of hours in this build and they wouldn't add that.

Ken, was the problem solved by turning the knob to the left, or do you still need the upgrade?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, was the problem solved by turning the knob to the left, or do you still need the upgrade?

I just checked both of them and that didn't work....are you guys just fooling with me or do they really have that option of turning the knob left? [confused]

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If it has that option, it will turn left.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Did you try up and down as well, Ken? J/K smilietease

If you have delay the knob turns left and the further left you turn the longer the delay.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Did you try up and down as well, Ken? J/K smilietease

If you have delay the knob turns left and the further left you turn the longer the delay.

Haha...very funny, Sean....no turn left at all on either rig!

You guys are great, thanks!

Time to make a video ;)

Fellro

Staff member
They do exist thtoguh, and as stated, the farthest left is the longest delay, closer to the center off position is the least delay. Kind of a PITA really, they kept it into the 80's. My 86 has it as well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts