Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

grille question please help

It will fit,but y would you go the opposite direction lol

Fellro

Staff member
That should be fine, the headlights mount just a bit lower, but since the truck is newer, the holes should all be there. If not, you would only have to drill one.
I had a 78 clip on my 75, then switched it back to the 75 grille, and I had to drill one hole.

Some people like the older split grille better. I am one of them...

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
My favorite years are the 73s--75s because of the grille. I think the round headlight bezel in those grilles look the best. Show a pic when you get 'er done!

why stop at 75 ?

Round headlights were used until 1978 with 78's custom's being the last

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Round headlights were used until 1978 with 78's custom's being the last [confused]
This only applies to 1979 Bronco's.
You don't see very many today, because few remain. Some 1979 Customs came with round headlamps, but most were sold to fleets, were driven into the ground and have long since passed onto Valhalla.

Look in the truck parts catalog under basic part numbers 13008 and/or 13064, notice is sez 1978 and 1979 for round headlamps.

Look at 16138, it sez the same thing. The core support w/round headlamps is the same 1973/79, but there were two...considering the S/C radiator.

1978 Bronco's were available with round or squa uh... :) rectangular headlamps, but 1979's were only rectangular.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts