Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got my seats put in.

While waiting for all the electrical parts to come in from JBG, decided to start getting the seats put in my 79. They are out of a 96 f150xlt extended cab. not sure if I'm going to keep the center seat in or make a custom console.

Here's with the center seat folded down.

04-13-10_015.jpg

Here's with it folded up.

04-13-10_017.jpg

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
they look great in your truck! and comfortable!

Aren't seats up through 96 a direct bolt in? I believe I remember reading this somewhere on this and "the other" site... someone will correct me if I'm wrong though..
Dak

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Nice.

If those are the ones that have the power lumbar, they get my vote for being one of the top three seats ever installed in a production car/truck.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Early '00s Volvo seats...and...uh...something I can't seem to remember at the moment.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those look good!

I'm thinking I should do something like that..it would be much better than the bench, has a cup holder...and I'm suspecting power seats would bolt right in as well.

Last edited:
No they were not a direct bolt in. I think a 96 and older bench would bolt right in but not buckets. Have pics of the brackets and plan on doing some kind of write up on how I did it. And they do have the lumbar with the compressor built-in to each seat. But they are not power.

And another thing, with me being 6'4" they sat way to high. My head was up in the headliner so I cut out about 2-2.5 inches of rise from the brackets to get em to sit lower.

Looks very nice. I'd keep the center section, armrests are awesome.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks good. I would keep the center part too.

Fellro

Staff member
It is nice to have the center seating available as needed, and I am severely spoiled by my center armrest...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks great man...exactly the style I want in Red. I'd be interested in seeing how and where you cut the brackets because I'm 6'5" too. Oh yeah, I also vote to keep the center section.

Y'all could've gone luxury style and bought the aftermarket babies for like $600 lol I think Buck got lucky and put some in his rebuild

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I have tried a few times to take the center section out for replacement by a sub box...
Needless to say, the seat, console aremrest thing is still there.
Ford wins this round...
I dont know how i got by with out one honestly. lol

Ford Truck Articles