Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gear selector indicator

Hi Guys- i have a non operational gear selector indicator on my 87 F150. It doesn't bother me much but does make it difficult for people who borrow it. Does anyone know of a good source to get a new one?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Could it be just the copper wire that connects the indicator, Mark? I remember seeing that wire when I replaced the turn signal switch on the '89. I didn't get the wire back in the same place when I put everything back together, and the indicator was one gear off for everything. just a thought........

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hi Guys- i have a non operational gear selector indicator on my 87 F150. It doesn't bother me much but does make it difficult for people who borrow it. Does anyone know of a good source to get a new one?
What size is the engine, what type of trans does it have, C6 or AOD?

Could it be just the copper wire that connects the indicator, Mark? I remember seeing that wire when I replaced the turn signal switch on the '89. I didn't get the wire back in the same place when I put everything back together, and the indicator was one gear off for everything. just a thought........

Thanks Doug - the copper wire is ok but the plastic sleeve it runs inside of is crumbling and cracked so the wee wire gets caught up inside it.

Try Rock Auto Mark. I found them to be very good for parts, and shipping is way cheaper than LMC.

Thanks Roy - i like Rockauto too and i've searched there plus ebay and lmc and i still can't find one .... maybe my "kiwi" english has me using the wrong terminology when searching lol.

What size is the engine, what type of trans does it have, C6 or AOD?

Thanks Bill - My truck is 5.0 AOD regular cab Lariat trim..

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
My truck is 5.0 AOD regular cab Lariat trim..
1987/91 F150/350 & Bronco:

E7TZ-7A110-D .. AOD Shift Indicator Assy includes Cable / Available from Ford.

MSRP: $66.27 / horizonpartsguy.com online price: $48.51 / Horizon Ford Truck Center Seattle (Tukwila) WA

Or:

E7TZ-7E363-A .. C6 & AOD Bracket & Cable only-Shift Indicator / Available from Ford.

MSRP: $29.20 / horizonpartsguy.com online price: $21.37.

I don't know if Horizon will ship "down under."

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has E7TZ-7A110-D and will ship world wide. 513-731-3304 (greensalescompany.com).

When typing the part number into their website, type it like this: E7TZ7A110D

Pic: Black triangle = Everything 7A110 included / Black circle = 7E363 cable & bracket sold by itself or included with 7A110.

Click on pic to enlarge.

Attachments

• 20151002034345.jpg
Last edited:
I've been a bit remiss here Bill - Thank you very much for this information , i ordered from greensales in the end ...... now i just have to find the time to fit the parts :):)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts