Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Free Truck

A couple of weeks ago one of my buddies called me up and said he had a 79 that a renter left at his rent house. He asked me if I wanted it so I asked him how much? He said nothing and he even delivered it for me. It is a pretty clean old truck. It has a tilt column and I have already robbed the bumper and grille and put it on my supercab. I will get pictures of them on the supercab ASAP.

100_0414.jpg

Hate to see these end up at the crusher. The seat looks like it is in pretty good shape, it has the Explorer package. It could make a driver without too much trouble but I don't have a title. The trans is shot, 302 with A/C but the compressor is in the bed. Tailgate works on one side but that is an easy fix. Wish it was a shortbed with no rust.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Nice looking truck.

Bed looks like it might be trashed...but the cab/doors/fenders look good.

Does it run?

what are the last 6 digits of the VIN# ?

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
You did do a lien sale/get a junk slip on that thing before you started ripping parts off of it... right? Until you get some sort of documentation for the truck, you could possibly get in trouble for having that truck (stolen property) It would be up to you (after you get arrested) to prove that the truck was abandoned, you used every means in your power to contact the former owner, and followed proper procedure for its aquisition. There are laws dealing with how the landlord is supposed to deal with abandoned property, normally giving it away is not how its supposed to work. TX law probably is different from CA, but ignorance is not an excuse.

That looks like a purdy good start for a nice clean ride.

Fellro

Staff member
Many of them are not accepted back into your home state. Iowa doesn't accept the Vegas titles. We do have a process called "bond title" in which you pay a percentage of it's value for the bond, and the original owner has 10 years to make claim to it. After that, clear title.

Last edited:
Hate to see these end up at the crusher. The seat looks like it is in pretty good shape, it has the Explorer package. It could make a driver without too much trouble but I don't have a title. The trans is shot, 302 with A/C but the compressor is in the bed. Tailgate works on one side but that is an easy fix. Wish it was a shortbed with no rust.

I will take the tailgate off your hands if its not warped like minesmiliecrybaby. Any way it looks good i wish i had that kind of luck to find a free ford in that good of shape.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts