Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got a decent exhaust sound clip

i'm very happy with my trade...even though i lost some man points. i'll take 19mpg out of a 5500lb 4x4 any day. does everything i need.

just saying....exhaust on a 460 would have sounded a lot cooler than exhaust on a 300 i6

Yeah, well i6s sound pretty damn sick with a nice exhaust system too tho...

Besides a 4.9L has more torque than a stock 351, so really? No man points lost. :guns: smiliegitrdone smiliestirthepot

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
---owned---

Ah, whatever. I will admit when I am wrong, however the powerband/torque curve is lower and can be applied more effectively in the six cylinder. BTW, Ford was known to underrate the lower engines in order to sell more upper end engines. Remember, its like what my dad was telling you: In '89 people were paying $15000 for a bare bones 351 truck, when it was $8500 for a bare bones 300 truck smilietease. They needed to really convince some people to make the investment. ;)

You're correct about that-- the 300 makes its power down low, it's not a big revver.

Yeah, my dad was telling me that he worked for Yolo County back in the 1980s and they had this old carburated Ford dumptruck with a 300 in in it, and that thing was revved up to 3000-3500rpm all day long, and didn't make a single bit of power. I can see that, especially in a dumptruck... probably a slow mofo... :p

Ah, whatever. I will admit when I am wrong, however the powerband/torque curve is lower and can be applied more effectively in the six cylinder. BTW, Ford was known to underrate the lower engines in order to sell more upper end engines. Remember, its like what my dad was telling you: In '89 people were paying $15000 for a bare bones 351 truck, when it was $8500 for a bare bones 300 truck smilietease. They needed to really convince some people to make the investment. ;)

You're nuts on with the $15,000 figure, that's about what I paid for my '89....15,275 to be exact, but it was hardly bare bones back in the day...

scan0001Medium.jpg

So I tried to show y'all the exhaust via a video from my digi cam and it sounded like crap cuz of the crappy microphone. But turns out the iPhone actually has a pretty decent microphone so I recorded another sound clip (no video this time). Tell me whatchu think.

Stock manifolds -- 2 Magnaflow hi-flow cats -- No muffler -- Exits in front of the rear tires

Side note: the beeping noises at the start are coming from my remote starter :)

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=AC0MY7YNGBP8

That really sounds good, a deep rich yet mellow tone...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
That really sounds good, a deep rich yet mellow tone...
To be honest-- the sound clip doesn't give the full effect. It ain't that mellow in person :rofl: I noticed that in the clip the truck sounds pretty quiet at idle, but in real life it ain't quiet at idle.

You're nuts on with the $15,000 figure, that's about what I paid for my '89....15,275 to be exact, but it was hardly bare bones back in the day...

scan0001Medium.jpg

Really? This was in California, so its probably worse with some kind of surcharges and other crap added on... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA

scan0001Medium.jpg

Heck it was less than $1000 more to get the 351 and 300-6 was same as the 302 here.

$12999.99 for a loaded 302 5spd reg cab in 89.
93 was another $2000 or $15999

and by 95 I paid $21000 all reg cab 5spd .

Now the Centurion I got late 95 I wont talk about it . Just double the 93

Last edited:

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
I tried to get a sound clip this past weekend. As it turns out the mic on my digital camera is crap! Gotta try something else.

I tried to get a sound clip this past weekend. As it turns out the mic on my digital camera is crap! Gotta try something else.

I tried it and turns out my digital camera doesnt have a mic... :headbang:

Cope&Dies

gab-d a snaks

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yeah, well i6s sound pretty damn sick with a nice exhaust system too tho...

Besides a 4.9L has more torque than a stock 351, so really? No man points lost. :guns: smiliegitrdone smiliestirthepot

well i know thats its already been pointed out that you are wrong... But he didnt go from a 351.... Which is a 5.8l, he went from a 7.5l which is a 460...

can i ask y that sticker says 4.9 on the top and by the mileage says 5.8???

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts