Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F-150 vs. F-250?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Last edited:
just got a response---no. been sitting for 2 years, tranny lines are gone and the motor needs a valve job.

is it too much to ask for a running, driveable, fairly rust free 78 or 79 f250 for less than $5000???? i was excited about getting a new truck, but i cant find a freekin truck for less than $5000 that is worth buying. anyone wanna come off of one of theirs???

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Why not get one that dont run and just needs some minor stuff and fix it. I got my 72 and all it needed was a timing chain, rearview mirror and tires and I got it liscenced.

i am having a couple issues with that. i have very limited tools...like a screwdriver and a pair of pliers--mine disappeared into the great beyond with someone that thought they needed them more than i did. and, limited budget to buy parts. i might see about that f250 above, but i think a valve job might be out of my scope of expertise....

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah I got my 72 for 450 bucks and its needed a fair ammount of work and parts. All I did on the 76 was work on it and pour tons of money into it.

i have a 79 f150 now. needs all sorts of work. new body, springs, shackles, shackle mounts, i need to figure out why the driveshaft is fully extended at stock height, power steering box, starter, engine needs timing work, matching tires and rims, new exhaust, etc etc

i dont, thats why i am lookin for one that is in good mechanical order.

So my brother in law just called....he just picked me up a tool box full of tools for $50. i might just look for one a little cheaper/rougher

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts