Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F-150 vs. F-250?

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
tell me this........if i buy them 8-9 1/2 coil springs , how many AAL will i need on each side?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well if you're looking for that much lift then you obviously wouldn't be looking at AAL's, you'd be looking at either lift coils or lift spring packs (leaf springs). C'mon I'm not trying to have a pissing match. The fact of the matter is, if you're looking for a small amount of lift, the cheapest is blocks, middle ground is AAL's, and the more expensive is lift springs. If you're looking for a lot of lift then AAL's usually can't be used and big blocks are generally too dangerous both to the vehicle and the driver.

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
naw man im not in a pissing match , im bout to buy them coils for my 77 and was just wonderin your opinion for the back setup......

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Ohhh okay sorry I misunderstood. Yeah you'll definitely want to get some lift springs for the rear-- that's a lot of lift.

If you're not going to be towing or hauling too much weight, you could also consider a shackle flip:
http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=180

Though that page says 78 to 97 so you may have JUST missed the cut-off :rofl:

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
it'll work lol .....if it dont , ill make it

false...... from wat i have seen coils are alot cheaper......

not a big deal...my brother-in-law runs the night shift at the local heavy truck spring shop. re-arching springs or building spring packs is nothing to him. he told me on a all leaf truck, a 4 inch lift will cost like $50. i was just curious about the looks and ride differences.

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
i wish i had connections like that lol

just found out i am coming into about $1000. now i am on the hunt for a truck. i got a f-150, but she's a rust bucket and is gettin sold or parted out. so i will have a grand, plus what i get out of my f-150, so i will see what i can get for---lets say--$1500. i want a 1978 or 79 f-250, 4x4, 400 or bigger, auto trans, hopefully not too rusty. I found this one, tell me what you think.
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1285754784.html

umm...toy/deep snow driver/eventually show-n-shine/help people move/kinda whatever. if that answers your question. i plan on pickin up a f-250. 4-6 inch lift. i dont have anything heavy to haul, but i know people that do. My friend has a 95 cab and a half chevy, lifted a couple inches, and well......i want a bigger truck than my friends.

bigun72

XLT= Xtra Loud Truck
get a 73-77 and just change the grill.......it will give u a larger variety of trucks to buy

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
umm...toy/deep snow driver/eventually show-n-shine/help people move/kinda whatever. if that answers your question. i plan on pickin up a f-250. 4-6 inch lift. i dont have anything heavy to haul, but i know people that do. My friend has a 95 cab and a half chevy, lifted a couple inches, and well......i want a bigger truck than my friends.
Then it sounds to me like it would be REALLY stupid for you to buy a truck with a flatbed. Get a regular pickup truck.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Then it sounds to me like it would be REALLY stupid for you to buy a truck with a flatbed. Get a regular pickup truck.

Maybe he likes flatbeds?

I personally like flatbeds better, and if had the choice to get 2 of the same exact trucks, but one with flatbed and one with pickup bed.. I would pick the flatbed

but i can buy the flatbed, put a box on it, and Wham-o truck. in michigan, they pretty much re-pave the roads with salt in the winter, so finding a solid 30 yr old truck up here for a grand is a one in a million shot.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
but i can buy the flatbed, put a box on it, and Wham-o truck. in michigan, they pretty much re-pave the roads with salt in the winter, so finding a solid 30 yr old truck up here for a grand is a one in a million shot.
But why go to all the trouble if you could just buy the RIGHT truck in the first place? If you're stuck with a truck, like a family member gives it to you, etc, then that's one thing. But if you're shopping, buy the exact truck that you want-- don't settle. You'll regret it later.

get a 73-77 and just change the grill.......it will give u a larger variety of trucks to buy

i read somewhere that post-77 had disks up front too---i think.....
another added bonus

But why go to all the trouble if you could just buy the RIGHT truck in the first place? If you're stuck with a truck, like a family member gives it to you, etc, then that's one thing. But if you're shopping, buy the exact truck that you want-- don't settle. You'll regret it later.

i know---thats why i am getting rid of the f-150 i have......smiliebeenripped

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts