Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Exhaust routing?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I am thinking about doing true duals on my truck. I would like to run the the driver side and route and exit out right under the drivers front gas tank.
Like this.

561761_10152095567685483_1356109359_n.jpg

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
I dont know about running the exhaust under a tank is a good idea Ridgerunner imo,if you can post a pic of the underneath of the vehicle showing location of the tanks ect. we can go from there.Thats a mighty fine looking truck there bud!

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I dont know about running the exhaust under a tank is a good idea Ridgerunner imo,if you can post a pic of the underneath of the vehicle showing location of the tanks ect. we can go from there.Thats a mighty fine looking truck there bud!

That is a truck of a member (F150Corba) here not mine. My truck isn't that nice yet.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
It'll be right under the gas tank.. Not good idea.. Where my exhaust is exited is loud enough to me as the driver... Driver side exit would be to loud

That is the whole idea to be annoying when I am at the stop light.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Good Job Roy! That is how it is done right and safe! mufflers above the rails and away from the tank! looks good!

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hi Cliff, sorry for the late post, been busy. Check out my gallery for more pic's of the "true duel" exhaust I had put on just after I got the truck. I have always liked the exit in front of the rear tires.Here's a few pic's...

No problem for front tank!
IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

Thanks Roy that is exactly what I want and have been looking for. Now to get some color ink and print a copy of the picture.

Fellro

Staff member
The rear exhaust often gets run under the rear tank, safety wise, might not be a great idea, but generally not that big an issue. Serviceability is more of a concern. I like the way they did your pipes Roy, pretty slick!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts