Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine sections

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Maybe making more engine sections for the diverse selections of Ford engines....

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Eric, it's definately on our minds. When we start to see traffic in those areas, we'll expand, but our main concern is having a bunch of forums with no traffic.

Ryan

Bill would be able to give you a more correct answer than I can. The shape of the block (looking at the front) is more of a "Y" shape than modern blocks.

They have a very small oil pan too.

I can't find a picture of the bare block. Maybe these will help. I swiped them from another site, cropped the site logo off, and put them on my photobucket. LOL

Y-block2.jpg

Y-block-1.jpg

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
If you notice, the block comes down and cases in the sides of the crank. The crank doesn't hang down in the oil pan.

Dare I say it...........The head configuration in the exhaust ports is like a small block Chevy

Yes....you dared. smilietease

There is a nasty rumor that you can split the flange on a set of SBC headers and bolt them to the Y-blocks. I never had a junk set of headers to play with to try.

Regular headers and "rams horns" are about $400 a set.

Ford Truck Articles