Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Door cards Dennis Carpenter

I have a friend who is doing up his old 78 f100 and he's asked me about some new door cards and finger pockets so i looked up on Dennis Carpenter's site and found a left and right side in black (which he wants) as well as the finger pockets for a total of $250.00 usd - has anyone ever used these and would you recommend them?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Door cards= door panels??? and Finger pockets= armrest/finger cup??? If so, then yes...I've used them several times. I've noticed that the speaker slats like to break though, but the rest of the panels have and do hold up well. Last go round, I opted for the steel finger cups, instead of plastic and sprayed to match...and I far prefer the steel.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Door cards= door panels??? and Finger pockets= armrest/finger cup??? If so, then yes...I've used them several times. I've noticed that the speaker slats like to break though, but the rest of the panels have and do hold up well. Last go round, I opted for the steel finger cups, instead of plastic and sprayed to match...and I far prefer the steel.[/QUOTE]

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid. The metal ones for the '78 are not period correct, but they are a LOT more durable.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid. The metal ones for the '78 are not period correct, but they are a LOT more durable.

I do the same with the glovebox liner...I get the 'plastic' one from JBG, because the 'cardboard' liners always pull out and tear...and all I keep in my glovebox is my registration, copy of my insurance card and the owner's manual. Not necessarily original or period correct, but I'm getting to the point of wanting to do things that just make sense.

Thanks guys i'll suggest the metal ones to him as he does like to close the door with "authority" - the dash bits and glovebox are going to be a bit harder as it's a rhd one

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have bought a lot of stuff over the years from LMC (Long motor co.) and like them better than Dennis Carpenter. They have an online catalog

You realize LMC is nothing more than a middle man, right? They sell everything from china made crap to DC blem parts (at full retail no less) to parts from good reproduction companies. LMC isn't a manufacturer, they're merely a vendor. Check your packaging next time, I bet you your parts will still have the original manufacturer's stickers/packaging. Majority of LMC's inventory is supplied by the lowest bidder, you know who the lowest bidder usually is, China. And then LMC expects you to pay full on quality retail. Just a little FYI. Out of curiousity, what don't you like about DC...they're the best, bar none, reproduction part company out there for these rigs.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Not necessarily original or period correct, but I'm getting to the point of wanting to do things that just make sense.

I'm the same exact way. Technically, the 1980-mid 1981 F-Series trucks are supposed to have "slide" locks on the door panels to lock the door. They're prone to breaking, and it's a matter of when, not if they'll break. When I found my 1982 interior, I swapped the door locking mechanisms to the 1982-1986 style, and didn't even worry about the locks not being period correct. I'd rather not have my lock knobs falling off every two weeks.

Ford Truck Articles