Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

door alignment

I adjusted the gap between the fender and door looks good, but can't get the door to lign even with the cab, it sticks out to far, any ideassmilieFordlogo

Thankyou, been working on it for 1.5 yrs just rebuilt the front and changed all the u-joints and thats a story by its selfsmilieFordlogo

How are you holding the door up when adjusting ? and did you not scribe an outline before removing it ?

when I bought the truck, the doors where allready on. I moved the stricker all the way in and adjusted the door but the door will not lign up. the doors looks like after marketsmilieFordlogo

Well I find that aligning the doors to the back of the cab FIRST matching the indent lines of the door to cab lines makes it easier than last, after the fender.

I use a floor jack and a 4"x4" under the door to help the door stay put when tightening bolts

I do to , but the door has a nice gap, but it sticks out apast the cab corner, when you look down the side you can't see the the cab corner because of the door is sticking outsmilieFordlogo

tinman52

Tin bender
You may have the striker too far in for the latch to engage on the second "click".......
Try moving it out a little and see what happens

The door can align up and down and in and out aka: top and bottom seperately

Sounds like you need to tuck the bottom of the door in a bit at the back.

I'm sure you are aware of that though?

Ford Truck Articles