Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Doing the Edge Wobble

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You only checked one side before? Come awn Ben...

Well shit...all the symptoms were all on the left side. I never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box. You put something that new in front of me I go all deer in headlights and go full retard.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

Just something new???? If you had a bj issue on the Dent would you only check one side?

No...but in fairness...when I was checking I barely had enough room to get my head underneath the damn thing and have any mobility with an arm. So my lack of enthusiasm in crawling around to the other side played a role too. When I had the time to actually get under it like I did today, I woulda caught it. Btw...all is right with the world now.

Realistically though...who would have honestly seen all the issues presenting themselves on the left hand side and thought 'hmm...must be a bad part on the right.' I get habitually checking the right side...but to logically check the opposite side doesn't make sense to me. Guess that's why I'm a parts swapper and not a mechanic.

Fellro

Staff member
No...but in fairness...when I was checking I barely had enough room to get my head underneath the damn thing and have any mobility with an arm. So my lack of enthusiasm in crawling around to the other side played a role too. When I had the time to actually get under it like I did today, I woulda caught it. Btw...all is right with the world now.

Realistically though...who would have honestly seen all the issues presenting themselves on the left hand side and thought 'hmm...must be a bad part on the right.' I get habitually checking the right side...but to logically check the opposite side doesn't make sense to me. Guess that's why I'm a parts swapper and not a mechanic.

That is why I do the tire grab and wiggle... I don't have to take the tire off, I don't even jack it up.

Ben i've caught myself more than once with a 'smiliedoh' cockup situation similar to this - i'd just learn from it and move on smilieFordlogo .

Being a mechanic is just a process of elimination until the fault is found ....... being an experienced mechanic (such as Vince is for example) just means the elimination process is greatly shortened.

Ford Truck Articles