Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Thanks...actually you could get at the spare...a bit ugly but it could be done. I don't know if I am going to bother with a spare or not.

Yeah but that is a lot of work to get the spare out.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Actually it wouldn't be...drop the bolt and it would slide out. I will not be putting that hitch back on either.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia

smilieIagree smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

I'm gonna have a spare for those just in case situations, but I'm just gonna throw it in the bed and find a way to chain it to the toolbox.

On a side note, I pulled the spare out from under the Ranger, and it was near perfect. It's got at least 98% of the tread left on it. No signs of dry rot or anything.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Actually it wouldn't be...drop the bolt and it would slide out. I will not be putting that hitch back on either.

Ebay it you know there are people looking for vintage parts like that.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm leaning towards a little compressor and tire goo. I'll be putting new rubber on it and it will won't be driven much.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ebay it you know there are people looking for vintage parts like that.

The hitch is not factory...what I'm planning on doing is removing it (weld grinding involved) and getting it chromed. I'm giving some thought to running some wires for a trailer while I have the harness out...that way I can strip the harness...add the wires and then close the whole thing up in self vulcanizing rubber tape. I will just go with a bumper mounted hitch as I have no intention of hauling more than a couple of quads.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What color do you make that to be?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I wonder if they are still for sale?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'm leaning towards a little compressor and tire goo. I'll be putting new rubber on it and it will won't be driven much.

So, will it or won't it. Don't let Ben see this! :rofl:

Is that dip in the middle of the gas tank for a cross member?

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
So, will it or won't it. Don't let Ben see this! :rofl:

Is that dip in the middle of the gas tank for a cross member?

Yes...and the vent tube ran over top of it and I couldn't see it as the gas tank was tight against the crossmembers of the box....grrrrrrr. I don't know about the tire goo yet.

Duncan, didn't see if anyone answered you or not, but those clips just slide over to the left and pop off. May need to tap them over with a mallet or something, gently. They tend to get brittle and also don't come off very easily.

Nobody did..thanks Paul..and that's what I figured and you are right, they are very tight...are replacements available that you know of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles