Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dentside Cruise Control

Well I have everything but the speedo cable/sensor and the special brake pedal stamped MA.
I might have the Brake switch as well

You must have a Vacuum reservoir as well

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Well I have everything but the speedo cable/sensor and the special brake pedal stamped MA. I might have the Brake switch as well

You must have a Vacuum reservoir as well
D7TZ-2455-D .. Brake Pedal / Stamped: D7TA-2455-MA.

Use with factory installed Cruise Control: 1977/78 F100/350 & 1979 F100/350 before serial number DJ0,001 / 1978 Bronco & 1979 Bronco before 11/1/1978.

The brake pedal should be relatively EZ to find, but...

Some of the specific CC parts are 1977 F250 4WD only! Part time or full time 4WD also makes a difference.

Where will Ben find all these parts? And since most will be used, how will he know if they're any good?

IMO, instead of going thru the costly and labor intensive method of installing the original CC setup, go with the universal Throttle Control Kit Ford offered in the 1960's/70's.

This kit will fit ANYTHING, it bolts under the dash, has a cable that controls the acc pedal, and a device that de-activates the system when the brake pedal is activated.

I'd be willing to bet, that NO ONE here on FTF (including you) or on t'other site has any knowledge that Ford ever offered such a thing.

I've installed the kits on 1963/64 Galaxies, 1965 & 1971 F100's and a coupla 1955/56 Packards. Now all I need to do is...dig up the part number.

This kit was once very common, dealers carried it, could be found at a gazillion swap meets...but most people had no clue what the kit was.

Last edited:
Yes I do Bill IIRC, they used it on the last 60's mustang

Made by Perfect Circle

9A818 is the base number

with C7ZZ in front

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Yes I do Bill ( :rofl: No you don't Dennis!). IIRC they used it on the last 60's mustang

Made by Perfect Circle 9A818 is the base number with C7ZZ in front and a B suffix!

1967 Muskrat/Cougar 289/390 with A/T.
Not the same kit, kiddo. 9A818 is the basic part number for dealer installed Electronic Cruise Control kits.

For example: E2AZ-9A818-A (replaced D4AZ-9A818-A, D4AZ-9A818-B, D9AZ-9A818-A) .. Dealer Installed CC Installation Kit: 1974/82 Passenger Cars & F100/350's / 1978/82 Bronco & 1975/82 Econoline.

I'm way ahead of you kiddo, cuz I looked this kit up 30 minutes ago, but there are two other kits required for F100/350's & Bronco's: Speedo Cable Kit (9A820), Vacuum Reservoir Kit (9A799).

The throttle control kit was self contained, was manually operated and took 10 minutes to install...and the basic part number was not 9A818!

Last edited:
RHD 1979 Ford F100 Custom XLT LWB (LongBed) 4x4 with a 351 Cleveland engine and a c6

hi guys im new here and im from Australia ;}
i own a RHD 1979 Ford F100 Custom XLT LWB (LongBed) 4x4 with a 351 Cleveland engine and a c6 colum Auto and i would like to add Cruise control to it.. let me point out that Cruise control was not an option for australian F-Series Trucks in 1979 as far as i know..

so i need to know whats to buy and where to buy + part numbers and that will ship to australia :)

any help would be great...

1st,
Chevy calls it "Cruise Control"
Ford calls it "Speed Control" ;)

I've always called it speed control because that's what the
manufacturer of my speed control called it in 1976 when I
bought it from Sears for $79, made by Dana...
speedcontrolDana.jpg

And it's still in there working...
speedcontrol.jpg

speedcontrol1.jpg

I threaded the holes through the throttle-shaft-crank...
throttle.jpg

No big deal.

Alvin in AZ

hi sorry i should have been more clear i want to add factory speed control to my RHD 1979 Ford F100 Custom XLT LWB (LongBed) 4x4 with a 351 Cleveland engine and a c6 colum Auto ;}

cause if something goes wrong i still want to be able to buy replacment parts from what ive been reading in here is that after market onse of dealer installs offer no support for parts.. is that correct?

I will have to know the last 6 digits of your VIN#

I have almost 2 complete systems

Look higher up the thread to see my photos of all the parts of a conversion list (post #14) of all items required

I thought the 351C was obsolete for cars down under and the trucks never got 351C's ?
maybe you have a 351M

cruise_harness_main1.JPG

cruise_harness_sensor_plug1.jpg

79_Pedal_assembly1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok this is all the info i got from me registration Details:
year of Manufactacture: 1979
make: Ford
Model: F100 Custom XLT 4x4
body shape: Utility
Vin/Chassis: Q734NKL
Engine No: AL4KWK65507K
Fuel: Petrol & LPG Gas
Cyl/Roators:8
Seats: 3
Colour: Yellow
Registration Category: Light Coml or Van
Tar: 1950
GVM: 2950
Class: 6
Purpose Of Use: Private

ive owned 30 ford V8 cars/trucks from 1964-1980 and ive never ever seen the 351M motor, all mine only ever had either a 302/351 Cleveland or a 302/351 Windsor engine... you got me engine number there im pretty sure its a 351c

Last edited:
this is from the 2 compliance plates on the passangers side cab door arch..

Top Plate
----Ford-------------------Seats-----------------Date
F-Styleside------------------3--------------------2/79
--------------------------------------------------GVW KG
AL4KWK ---------65507-K--------244597-------2950
MANUFACTURED TO COMPLY WITH AUSTRALIAN DESIGN RULES
1,2,3,4C,5B,6,7,8,11,12,15,28,36

BY FORD MOTOR Co OF AUST LTD
THIS PLATE IS APPROVED WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE AUSTRALIAN
MOTOR VEHICLE CERTIFICATION BOARD

Bottem Plate
Prefix Body------Ser No:-------Sido No:
AL4KWK ---------65507--------244597
Model------------Engine---------Trans
64922--------------C---------------R
Trim---------------Paint---------GVW KG
--G-------------------P-------------2950

FORD MOTOR COMPANY OF
AUSTRALIA LTD VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION PLATE

Last edited:
I`m still looking for my AU related book.

Yes and it was glued together from being wet.It was in the garage.
Now I need to find another one

Meanwhile, Perhaps do a search online for the Australia F-series trucks ?

http://www.fseries.info/

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts