Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dead spot between high and low idle

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Been getting truck ready for inspection . I had completely forgot that when you let truck warm till it comes off High idle by self it has a split second dead spot ( sounds like it shuts off .

It had done it before parked but since I have time I'm going to figure it out. any ideas?

Stats
94 5.0 maf e40d trans 4x4

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Pull your codes first.

I assume your talking about the little "flat spot" in the throttle when you first give it a bit of gas.

Mine wound up being the egr was not funtioning. Then the sensor on top would not get a proper reading, so if the egr is bad, replace it and the sensor as a unit. Cost around $130. There will be a code for both problems. so check the codes first.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Pull your codes first.

I assume your talking about the little "flat spot" in the throttle when you first give it a bit of gas.

Mine wound up being the egr was not funtioning. Then the sensor on top would not get a proper reading, so if the egr is bad, replace it and the sensor as a unit. Cost around $130. There will be a code for both problems. so check the codes first.

When the engine warms up and kicks off high idle by itself . I have no luck on getting any codes issues here so will have to wait till get back on road ..

Thanks

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts