Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DC's reproduced trim.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
How does the DC trim compare to NOS? I've seen different NOS pieces on ebay, but I'm afraid that if I buy a piece here and there and end up buying some from DC that there will be a mismatch.

I contact the seller about the parts who they were manufactured by

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I know that on my truck, the lower trim I have is different than the newer trucks (84,85, and 86). DC carries the newer style stuff, and not my trim. So you might want to watch out for that.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I had talked to a person at DC about this same thing a few weeks back...they suggested that it would match up as it was the same equipment that Ford used to produce the trim in the first place. I will be ordering some soon, so I will compare first hand to the OEM when I get it.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I had talked to a person at DC about this same thing a few weeks back...they suggested that it would match up as it was the same equipment that Ford used to produce the trim in the first place. I will be ordering some soon, so I will compare first hand to the OEM when I get it.

Keep me/us posted on this. Thanks

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
From what I've seen, the DC stuff is pretty damn close. Unless you have NOS trim with a luster of 10, you can't/won't be able to tell the difference. Fit is dead on.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Buck I bought the upper trim from DC and its perfect. Im sure you would be happy with it.

From what I've seen, the DC stuff is pretty damn close. Unless you have NOS trim with a luster of 10, you can't/won't be able to tell the difference. Fit is dead on.

Yeah, I figured it was going to be good since most of the other stuff is great quality.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1973/79 F100/350: The upper side mouldings without vinyl inserts are not reproduced by anyone.

Only the mouldings with the black vinyl inserts are reproduced.

The fender, door and cab corner mouldings with black vinyl inserts were also used with Race Track mouldings. These fender and door mouldings were also use on 1978/79 Bronco's.

There are two types of quarter panel mouldings with the black vinyl inserts.

One type is specific to Race Track mouldings as they have a different end for the vertical mouldings to connect to.

Ford Truck Articles