Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

clutch questions

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ok so im buying a new clutch kit and flywheel for my truck. since im putting a new tranny in i figured since im in there im going to replace all of that too...is there any other way for me to tell if i have a 10" clutch or 11" clutch? i tried finding the reciepts from when i did the clutch back 3 years ago when i rebuilt the motor but had no luck. is there any reason why there is an 11 " or 10" clutch? which is better?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i got the 10.5" inch one from zoom.. you may want to try it.. its a kit 30% more grip..

ill get you the part nr when i find it

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
That looks really awesome, I might just buy one when I have some money. :)

its a good value kit if you ask me... i dont know how it performs yet... ill tell when i install it :)

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
and it sure is a strange clutch.. ill take a pic tomorrow to show u

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
here you go.. the friction material is made out of Kevlar

the light brown is the friction material its less surface area then a stock clutch strange uh?

IMGP0223.jpg

the pressure plate
IMGP0224.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
Probably more for cooling. Kevlar is a much more durable material, but likely is susceptible to heat issues more than the cheaper materials...

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
that looks pretty cool Jurgen. the reason why im getting a new flywheel is because when i rebuilt the motor 2-3 years ago i never resurfaced itand its been through hell since and the ring gear is pretty much shot. so i figured get the flywheel all new and start fresh. that clutch kit looks killer! but i think om going to opt for a stock clutch kit due to prices...and having to by a new flywheel, plus getting the rear axle set to get put in. ....when i do all this i will post a thread of the entire transmission/clutch/rear axle job....oh and rear leaf springs now too....lool

don't forget throw out bearing.....cheap insurance

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
haha yup it comes in the kit im getting too...and im also replacing the SLAVE CYLINDER.... didnt replace it when i did my motor and my clutch...and it blew the day i got the motor started...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
haha yup it comes in the kit im getting too...and im also replacing the SLAVE CYLINDER.... didnt replace it when i did my motor and my clutch...and it blew the day i got the motor started...

can you pls... make a write up of the whole slave cylinder.. release bearing and everything because i have to replace the slave and release bearing.. as welll.. and i dont have a clue what to do.. thanks!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah no problem. im planning on doing a HUGE write up of the whole project

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
thanks.. when are you going to do this?

Ford Truck Articles