Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Centurions?

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Was wandering if the people who did the Centurion conversion to the F-150s ever did a non-crew cab version.

There's an F-150 with a Centurion badge on the tailgate that's a few doors down. It's too dark to take a picture tonight, but the truck is extended cab, with air horns on the roof. It's also a light tan color.

I'll see if I can find anymore about it tomorrow and get a picture or two of it.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Not alot is known about Centurions.The funny thing is,I was just looking at pics of Centurion Broncos earlier tonight.There's 1 or 2 people on here who have them.Chris(Skandocious) has a CC F150 from Centurion.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Zach I've never seen one, but I'm pretty sure they exist. Centurion didn't just do custom body modifications but also luxury/trim packages. After the gen 9 trucks, when you could get any Ford in a crew cab right from the factory, Centurion continued to send Ford trucks through their shops and add custom paint/graphics, ground effects and body accents, interior wood accents, televisions, etc. Here's an example of a Super Duty with a Centurion package:

f250resized.jpg

That being said-- I wouldn't be surprised if the guy down your street has a genuine Centurion. Tell him to join up and tell us the story! :)

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I have always wondered who did the customizing on my F150... It has the crap on the sides, and it had all the wood trim on the inside, wood console, wood overhead console... that I pulled out and replaced with factory trim. :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Centurion merged with Southern Comfort and they are still doing custom trucks...
Yessir. Well... to be more accurate-- Southern Comfort bought Centurion, the brand. When I called and tried to get some information about my truck, they informed me that none of the Centurion techs were around anymore and they basically knew nothing about any Centurion vehicles :headbang: So the brand and all that it meant to be Centurion was lost in the buyout, unfortunately.

Though now it looks like Southern Comfort Conversions may have gone under because their website is no longer working and I can't even find them on Google...

www.scomfort.com

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I have always wondered who did the customizing on my F150... It has the crap on the sides, and it had all the wood trim on the inside, wood console, wood overhead console... that I pulled out and replaced with factory trim. :D
If it were Centurion it'd probably have badges up the wazoo. They were proud of their conversions :rofl: Though the prev owner could have ripped them all off too (like they did to my truck, LUCKILY). But I don't believe Centurion was the only company to do accessory packages for these trucks, I believe there were others.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
Oh okay, well it may be one indeed then! I'll snap some pictures of it tomorrow and see if I can meet the owner...I haven't seen the truck move since I moved in here a month ago...so hopefully he'll pop outta the woodwork.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Mark III did the whole luxury getup as well. That's why the build sheet for my truck says XL but I've got pw pl ps and pm as wells as leather interior and the wood trim(which I took off with the exception of the overhead). There is another company out there doing luxury mods as well...I can't remember who though.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
i-barfd.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I honestly don't like conversion vehicles.They go way over the top with the graphics in my opinion.Jr's truck is the way I'd want mine done,minus the stupid ugly body kit(no offense man,besides,you took it off I think).

As he also mentioned Mark III did the conversions,and they were located in my town off of I75.They went under as it seems most conversion companies do.My dad used to work for them installing A/C's.

I'm sure there's at least 20 conversion companies across the U.S who have done conversions on Ford trucks.My Ag teacher last year had a 10th gen conversion truck,but I can't remember who it was by.It had all the wood grain on the interior.Looked ugly in my opinion.The only wood I want in my truck is door pulls,and a center console in front of my bench seat since I don't have any drink holders.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I honestly don't like conversion vehicles.They go way over the top with the graphics in my opinion.Jr's truck is the way I'd want mine done,minus the stupid ugly body kit(no offense man,besides,you took it off I think).

As he also mentioned Mark III did the conversions,and they were located in my town off of I75.They went under as it seems most conversion companies do.My dad used to work for them installing A/C's.

I'm sure there's at least 20 conversion companies across the U.S who have done conversions on Ford trucks.My Ag teacher last year had a 10th gen conversion truck,but I can't remember who it was by.It had all the wood grain on the interior.Looked ugly in my opinion.The only wood I want in my truck is door pulls,and a center console in front of my bench seat since I don't have any drink holders.
Agreed that many conversions can be ugly, but it just depends on what the customer wants. Centurion customized the trucks to the order. The previous owner of my truck (who purchased it new from the factory) requested an F150 Centurion Crew Cab with NO EXTRAS. He told me when I bought it from him-- "I told them I didn't want any of that wood grain crap! Just the crew cab so it looked like a stock truck!" Well clearly they still put on the badges and he didn't like that either cuz I've got an old photo of it when it was young-- had badges. Now-- no badges :rofl:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Agreed that many conversions can be ugly, but it just depends on what the customer wants. Centurion customized the trucks to the order. The previous owner of my truck (who purchased it new from the factory) requested an F150 Centurion Crew Cab with NO EXTRAS. He told me when I bought it from him-- "I told them I didn't want any of that wood grain crap! Just the crew cab so it looked like a stock truck!" Well clearly they still put on the badges and he didn't like that either cuz I've got an old photo of it when it was young-- had badges. Now-- no badges :rofl:

Yea I think the graphics just ruin everything.Your truck is fine,and so is Jr's.As for Josh's,sorry buddy.lol.And I don't think the wood grain looks good on any conversions.In my opinion,wood grain only looks good on black.

Like this...even though it's fake,it still looks good...

l_0e6ff1e13781467e8c54b598874f43a7.jpg

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Hey! I know my truck is ugly. I bought it because it was rust free. You cant find them that way up here. If you think its ugly, you should see it now, its got rusted (2 white, 2 grey) steel wheels on it with tiny tires that are older than I am. :D

S1052270.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Hey! I know my truck is ugly. I bought it because it was rust free. You cant find them that way up here. If you think its ugly, you should see it now, its got rusted (2 white, 2 grey) steel wheels on it with tiny tires that are older than I am. :D

I saw your 72 thread.lol.Actually,it looks kinda cool to me with those wheels.If only the wheels were painted black....

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
It will eventually be painted, but its lower down on the project list. I have already taken out a lot of the interior to redo it. gonna replace headliner and carpet, new seats (it doesnt have any, the F100 got them, along with the tires/wheels)

If it didnt mean getting it out of the barn, i would rattle can them black for you tomorrow! :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts