Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Central Illinois newbie!

Hey all! My names Lucas clayton, just found out about this site thru facebook. I own a 79 f150 custom 4x4 with a 351M, a 4 speed, np205. It's a rust bucket, but I don't care, I been trying to buy it for 18 years, finally got it! Will post pics as soon as I figure out how. Hope to make some friends and learn a few things!

Thanks guys...yup, 18 years! The guy special ordered it when he was 17, first new vehicle...he parked it under a tree 10 years ago and FINALLY decided last summer he wanted to sell it. It's really rusty, but I enjoy a good project.
photo1-1.jpg~320x480

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Welcome Lucas...

photo3-1.jpg~320x480

photo4-1.jpg~320x480

Needs a bed, cab is fixable, front fenders have been cut for bigger tires.
The cool thing is my dad painted this truck in the early 80s, it still has some of his paint work inside the doors and in the bed.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
pretty cool...

Fellro

Staff member
The good thing is that the parts are out there, just a matter of getting them. Fenders and box replacement is easy... Even the floors and mounts aren't all that bad. That kind of thing isn't seen so you can do a less than perfect job there...

Ford Truck Articles