Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CB Radio Mounted and Wired!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
ooo sorry that was the wrong one...This is the one you want

hm_wireless_microphone.jpg
CRAP! I wonder if I can return it...

radialarm

Clown of Death!
After looking at your birthday vids, I'ld say the CB wasn't the only thing WIRED last weekend!!!smilietease

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Nice CB, I could use one of those. What kind of distance can you get out of that CB?
I didn't get much a chance to test the range yet. The antenna came in the mail but the mag mount is just a HAIR too large in diameter to fit between the ridges on my roof :headbang: So I mounted it up temporarily just to test it out and I wasn't getting any transmission from anyone. My brother has a CB so we'll have to screw around with them and see how far we can get before we start losing signal.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
We got another smiley addict over here! smilieloser

Getting a bit back on topic... Casey (or anyone else for that matter)-- have you seen any sweet CB antenna setups on trucks with camper shells? I could shave the base of the mag mount and probably make it work on my roof but I'm just not sure if I want to have 5-6 feet of ADDITIONAL height on my already tall truck.

1) your truck isn't that tall HAHA

2) Where would you mount it with the shell on? You dont want to mount it on the shell itself being made out of fiberglass...You could get a mount that goes on the front fender (between hood and fender, stick up in between the fender/hood crack), the rear bumper, or the bed (without shell).

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
your truck isn't that tall HAHA
How did I know you'd make that LAME attempt?

Where would you mount it with the shell on? You dont want to mount it on the shell itself being made out of fiberglass...
Yup, that's obvious.

You could get a mount that goes on the front fender (between hood and fender, stick up in between the fender/hood crack),
That's a possibility... Though I think it might look kind of awkward with the small radio antenna on one side and the huge CB antenna opposite of it... Like it's off balance.

the rear bumper,
Rick mentioned that he might be able to make me some kind of trick bracket that would allow me to mount it to the interior or the rear bumper (or frame) so that I wouldn't have to drill the bumper. But I'd have to come up with a solution for keeping it from smacking my truck when it's swinging around... Brad recommended a tennis ball, which would probably work.

or the bed (without shell).
This is my preferred solution. I like the way yours looks but I don't have anywhere to store the shell now that Tom won't let me keep it at his place... So it's either keep the shell on and find a place for the antenna, or sell the shell and mount mine like yours.

How did I know you'd make that LAME attempt?

Yup, that's obvious.

That's a possibility... Though I think it might look kind of awkward with the small radio antenna on one side and the huge CB antenna opposite of it... Like it's off balance.

Rick mentioned that he might be able to make me some kind of trick bracket that would allow me to mount it to the interior or the rear bumper (or frame) so that I wouldn't have to drill the bumper. But I'd have to come up with a solution for keeping it from smacking my truck when it's swinging around... Brad recommended a tennis ball, which would probably work.

This is my preferred solution. I like the way yours looks but I don't have anywhere to store the shell now that Tom won't let me keep it at his place... So it's either keep the shell on and find a place for the antenna, or sell the shell and mount mine like yours.

a little defensive?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts