Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CB Radio Mounted and Wired!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
yup Ilike it better that way. no wires to be found.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Just make sure you sell the truck to somebody who wants a radio.

I couldn't drill my roof, either...though I hacked up the headliner to hang the radio. Still hurts to think of doing that...but I like the radio up there.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
the Wilson 5000 comes with a little cap so if you decide to sell it or take off the antenna for whatever reason, it is still water tight and very low pro!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
the Wilson 5000 comes with a little cap so if you decide to sell it or take off the antenna for whatever reason, it is still water tight and very low pro!

All this talk about drilling the body and replacing the holes with caps is making me sick.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Yeah it looks great but I can't stand the thought of drilling my roof. Especially if I were to resell the truck.
Brads already got first dibbs on it, right???

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
All this talk about drilling the body and replacing the holes with caps is making me sick.

HAHA well I will never sell mine so you don't have to worry about me capping anything! LOL

My body is scratched to hell anyway so when I get it repainted in a few years then we won't talk about drilling anymore holes!smilieneenar

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hey doc that antenna looks great! and chris the speaker looks good under the truck...heres a suggestion though.. you should really face the PA speaker backwards. this way you wont be getting as much debris in it since you would be going forward most of the time and the backside of the speaker will be deflecting all of the crap from the road like dirt and such..just a simple and hassle free suggestion

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Thanks Travis I am happy with the way it came out.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Theres also little hooks that you can get from a truckstop that hook on the back of the mic and then ya can hang it wherever ya want and not have to worry about it gettin messed up.

The hooks with elastic cords are pricy at truck stops ($10-15). For $2, I bought a name-tag elastic at Staples, hooked one end to the mic and the other to the radio. It probably doesn't work as well...but if I unclip the mic and let it hang, it stays in easy reach.

Its the crappy mic that is causing the noise...Replaced with noise canceling mic and I can stand outside next to the speaker and no problems

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts