Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

build thread

my timing is only at 6 right now. i pulled the egr valve off, i could probably bump it back up to 8 or 9 though

never noticed any gas smells or odd smells out of the exhaust other than when i put a little too much oil in it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Probably the only things you can tell is if you have a broken valve spring or a bent pushrod by looking like that

the springs and everything look fairly new i don't think camera does its justice.

i stole the roof lights off that chebby so now should i do all 5 equally spaced apart, 4 of them equally spaced, or do two outside with 3 in the middle??

the springs and everything look fairly new i don't think camera does its justice.

i stole the roof lights off that chebby so now should i do all 5 equally spaced apart, 4 of them equally spaced, or do two outside with 3 in the middle??

for your Gen. Tyler I like the three in the middle with the other two at the ends, jmho :)

yeah i think i'm leaning more towards that direction too. should i go with the spacing i had in that picture or go closer or maybe farther out with the two

Well, it's really a personal call, each has their own desired look, but by laying them out on the roof like you've done is the best way to get a visual. Here are the 4 common cab light spacing.

Starting always from center,

1 12" on center each way for all 5 lights

2 4" on center each way for the 3 three lights and then the outer are at 24"

3 6" on center each way for the 3 middle lights and then the outer are at 24"

4 8" on center for the three middle lights and the outer are at 24"

then I've seen where people have added extra lights, but that's not original.

Last edited:
well i went for it and mounted all the lights and got them semi wired in just need to get the wire down the a? pillar then plug it back in... tore my headliner a little bit :/ now i have to put something cool over it to hide the tear..

i stuck the center one on then went 8 inches on either side and for the outside two i went 24 inches from the center light. they are about 2 inches back on the roof. they sit better and look cleaner that way
i feel like in a way the roof lights help complete the look of the truck

Last edited:
my mom looked at my truck asked a few questions about it then tells me it would look a lot better if i went and painted it all one color... that would take all the character out of it in my opinion.

i mean come on big knarley mud tires, good lookking bumpers, big semi mud flaps, a big tool box, and some lights. totally has character.

thank you..
still haven't gotten the wire to actually go down the a pillar so i might have to go get my dad's wire snake... drove it without the headliner, everything is amplified in a way and then its super hot in there now.

ha thank you.

finally got the wire on and lights are wired in permanently. now i need to finish getting the headliner back in i will hopefully pick up some material of some sort to "decorate" the headliner with. need to get some sound deadener when i get the money also..

Valve covers are leaking and it stinks so I'm in need of new gaskets soon. If I'm doing that I might as well hit the valve covers with paint. So of course old ford blue, but should I paint the lettering black or just paint them blue?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts