Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

broke something in the window, possibly regulator

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
The one peice that fell into the door is the sissor part. That attaches to the reg and when the motor moves the gear that pushes the window up. Those white/yellow tabs should sit on/in that channel that fell out and then the glass in it. If you want pull the other door panel off and see how that side is and try to put yours back together. Now as your motor doesnt turn? Ck for power at the motor plug. Probe the back with a test light, when you hit up, 1 should power up, and down the other should power up.

If you have no power in the door (test as stated above) go back and check the fuse for the circuit too.

Looks like something came apart and it just fell. I have never had that happen, so I would have to take the other door apart to see what to put back.

Wish I was up around Springfield somewhere to help. That actually looks like it might be fun to fix. :)

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Tom,

The lower channel in your picture did not "just" fall off for no reason. Generally they come off do to worn parts. The white plastic tab is attached to the end of the regulator arm. The white plastic tab may be worn/damaged along with the lower channel. You may be able to replace individual parts or it may require replacement of the entire assembly. Carefully inspect the parts for damage and wear to determine if it is rebuildable or needs complete replacement.

As for the motor making no noise, it may have failed for one of several reasons and need replacement as well. But like Brian said test the motor and fuse for power before replacing the motor.

Last edited:
thanks for the tips everyone. this one is likely tabled until the spring. i did the vice grips, zip ties, and electrical tape. it'll have to hold for now. the rain has started, and we're supposed to get a good amount of ice.

...and i don't work outside once it gets cold.
(thread on hold)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts