Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Body Work Begins On The 88

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well I didnt take too many pics, just with the cell. Took the passange door and fender off, as they were hit years ago by who knows what, and were all rotted out from the skin splitting. Got the door on but had to do some work to the fender before I put it on.
18676143787_ORIG.jpg

18676143759_ORIG.jpg

I have to order a new upper stone guard(part under grill and headlights). My plow messed it up, plus it was bent when I got the truck.

Have to change the drivers rear wheel well, just got the patch, and then I have a new tailgate to swap, and new head lights and grills comming.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Took everything outta the door, sanded it down, took the Night stripe off, was a pain lol, with heat gun and all. Sanded it down and primed it up, also got the fender in full primer too.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here are some pics, door was a manual crank, converted to power, and power locks were added, they will be comming out, and factory power locks and windows will be transfered from my old door.
IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I got the NOS factory hood on, aligned up the fenders, and am just waiting for my upper rock guard. Had to pull the drivers fender out more to get it to line up with the hood. Truck is kinda twisted or something, frame is bent in the front, and passanger quarter was changed way back.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You gonna get this one Maaco'd too?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Speaking of bronco body work, whats a good place to get panels from??

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has patch in panels or entire 1/4 panels. Dennis Carpenter has them as well and is starting to expand their Bronco. I can't recall if DC has patch panels though.

Well my whole floorboard, and firewall needs to be replaced; Not to mention the "spots" here and there...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well my whole floorboard, and firewall needs to be replaced; Not to mention the "spots" here and there...

JBG would be your best bet then. You may also wanna check out the classifieds on FSB, they usually have a new 78/9 being parted every week.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
78/9 wont do me any good.....

My bad...I thought you just got a camo 79 and sawzalled it...not you? Regardless, checking the FSB classifieds and JBG is where you wanna go.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That would be Josh or Tyler....

Josh...that's right, my fault man. Well the newer the rig the more plentiful the parts seem to be over on FSB.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I happened to look on clist and guy had the hood listed, then a bronk was gettin parted out that had good doors and a fender, the 1 I needed. And my other door and fender are perfect somehow.

Here are some new pics. All lined up and latched up. Put battery and all that wiring back in. So now I can start it up and move it around.
IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Drivers gap by the bottom of hood, tightened up when I took it outside so I have to readjust now.
Took all the junk outta the old door I need, and took all of the junk outta the new door. Was a manual door converted to power, so it was hack lol.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Cut out most of drivers floor, made new patch peices, welded em in. Onto drivers side now. UGHHH hate this kind of work. Rather make stuff run good.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Floors all done, even the part of the rotted quarter inside the drivers door has been cut out and a patch made for it. Better then factory. I grinded the welds inside where you open the door, the rest will have trim and carpet over it. Now I have to take the top off and weld where the metal split by the drip rail, and then the drivers rear wheel well is next.

It's lookin good saw far dude.You can look on LMC trucks for their catalog.I've bought some trim and door handles from them but no body parts yet.I'm sure it's overseas stuff but low cost and better than alot of the junkyard stuff I've been able to find.

Ford Truck Articles