Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Body parts interchange

Hi guys, I just got a 1997 F350 Crew cab DRW with the 7.3 Turbo diesel. With a auto trans. I need to know what years interchange with it. As far as body parts like front door and tailgate and rear bumper for know. Thanks Tony

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
80 has lock buttons at the door handles, not in top like rest of years
80-86 the bottom rear of the door changes in 87-91 due to seat belt retractors of shoulder belts
Mirrors are mounted on door
80-86 vent wing /window channel is narrow, 87-97 is thick
92 starts out with a cable interior door handle. and mirrors are attached to door inside vent wing area

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
80 has lock buttons at the door handles, not in top like rest of years
80-86 the bottom rear of the door changes in 87-91 due to seat belt retractors of shoulder belts
Mirrors are mounted on door
80-86 vent wing /window channel is narrow, 87-97 is thick
92 starts out with a cable interior door handle. and mirrors are attached to door inside vent wing area
The actual shells are all very close and every thing can switch over though from his original door.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Here we go again.

The 80-86 doors WILL NOT WORK on his 97, because of the INSIDE BOTTOM of the door shape, due to the seat belt retraction design. The shape of the door is different, and WILL NOT CLOSE IN THE NEW DOOR JAMB
You are correct on all the others

I was not trying to contradict you Chris, only trying to add information to the thread for the original poster, so as he can buy the correct doors for his application

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Sadly, my oldest truck now is an 89. I can give you some pictures of the differences in the 87-91, and 92-97, but I am no longer able to do anything from 86 back.

I live in the "rust belt", and as time rolls on, it takes it's toll on the trucks around here.

And my tank valve on the frame is broken is the one on the 88 the same? Mine and the 88 are both diesels. By a quick look it looks the same. Thanks for all the help Tony

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
88 door will work. door panel will work. hardware inside door to open door in 88 door is mechanical, 97 door is a cable.
Mirror mounts on door skin in 88, in vent wing area on f 150's in 92-96. if yours mounts there, you just change the vent wing frame inside the door.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
And my tank valve on the frame is broken is the one on the 88 the same? Mine and the 88 are both diesels. By a quick look it looks the same. Thanks for all the help Tony

Not sure, but I doubt it, 88 is an IDI diesel, 97 is a powerstroke diesel
Please post a picture of the 2 parts, as I'm not sure of what you are talking about.

There is no "tank valve" in 88 or 97

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
4 lines in, 2 lines out. is the switching valve that makes sure the fuel goes back to the tank it is coming from. Is a mechanical valve. sits before the main fuel pump

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts