Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

black tailgate and grille badges??

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
has anyone seen the ford oval badges where they are a black/chrome scheme instead of ford blue/chrome? if they dont already sell them does anyone have an idea/ tips on me painting my own?

Can't it be done with vinyl 'over' what's there.....If I reacall correctly, when Cody had his red '99 Superduty, he had his Mom (she had a sign making business) make reflective red and chrome Ford script ovals that overlaid the factory blue ovals...

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Can't it be done with vinyl 'over' what's there.....If I reacall correctly, when Cody had his red '99 Superduty, he had his Mom (she had a sign making business) make reflective red and chrome Ford script ovals that overlaid the factory blue ovals...

I do believe that has been done.

BIGRED911

Charter Member
My moms very good at the vinal over...any color combo you want...mine were reflective red and chrome...my brothers on his 05 f250 are silver and red and black and red on his 85 f250... my kw emblems arw goin blue and white....

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i thought it would be a nice touch that i havent seen anyone around here with.. i want to set my truck apart from all the other new bodies running around. if i did try and seperate the badges i would buy new ones to do it with... just in case it doesnt come out right. bigred911, so youve just laid vinal "stickers" over the badges? could i maybe get a pick to check this out? i might make you some money here depending on how it looks

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts