Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another dead 6.0

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
So yesterday I go out to start my truck. Starts up just fine. I go do some running around. I stop to clean the thing out. About 45 mins later I go to start it. It just cranks over. Zero smoke out of the tail pipe.

My truck is a 06 F250. Auto Trans. 152k miles it's 4wd.

I checked the ficm.

Key on 47.3 volts

When it buzzes the injectors it drops to 45.5 volts

Cranking it's at 47.1 volts.

It has two new batteries. I replaced them today.
It turns over anywhere between 120-140 rpms.
The only mods are the blue spring mod and a sct tuner. Truck is currently programmed back to the stock file.

I have never had a problem with this truck until now. It's not using any coolant or oil.
Any help on what to check next would be a big help. I'm etsing out of the army in three weeks. So I need the truck to get me home.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
How do I check that? It is getting fuel to the bowl on top of the motor.

blacksnapon

Staff member
on the pass side valve cover, theres a sensor close to the front, next to the glow plug control module. It'll have 3 wires. Unplug it, then see if it will start. where are you at?

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
I tried that yesterday. Still no dice.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
I'm in Louisiana. On fort Polk.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Any chance the ficm could be bad? Even with those volt readings? I really hope it's not a hp oil problem. Idk if mine has the the updated stc fitting on the hpop.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Any chance the ficm could be bad? Even with those volt readings? I really hope it's not a hp oil problem. Idk if mine has the the updated stc fitting on the hpop.
possible, but doubtful. When you're cranking, does the oil pressure dash gauge come up? Its not definate diagnostics, but its a start.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
It builds oil pressure when cranking. I have the hpop out. It already has the updated fitting. The ipr screen has a hole in it. I wonder if that's my problem??

blacksnapon

Staff member
It builds oil pressure when cranking. I have the hpop out. It already has the updated fitting. The ipr screen has a hole in it. I wonder if that's my problem??
There you go! Debris going through the hpop has to exit through the IPR. You'll probably need an IPR as well. The screen under the oil cooler is probably toast.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
I'm guessing I need a hpop as well?

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
I was having zero issues with the truck until this happened. It started fine drove fine, has great power. I just went to restart it and it wouldn't not fire the injectors. I the icp is only reading about .60 volts when cranking. And now I found the screen pushed in on the ipr.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
As for work history. I know the turbo was replaced. And it has the stc fitting update. The ford dealer here won't give me the oasis info on it. I didn't buy the truck from them.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Think of your ipr as a wastegate. Its on the "exit" side of your hpop. To increase pressure, it closes. To lessen pressure, it opens. Its stuck open.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
I have it out. It doesn't look stuck open. But the screen was cut and pushed in a little.

H2opro

Anyone for Scuba?
Can it just be contaminated with crap and not be seating properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts