Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Acute Pancreatitis got me

Kep4

Jäger
Hey guys,

I've been off line for awhile because I got an Acute Pancreatitis attack on Thursday morning, March 15th. I was released from the hospital on March 22nd and am starting to feel better now. Sure hurt bad!

Going to the Doc this afternoon for a consultation because I still need surgery very soon. Gotta get my gallbladder removed, a 'Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatiagram' and a Laproscopic Cholestectomy which is like a Sphincterotomy for the bile duct gland, from what the Doc said.

Looks like my next cold beer is a few weeks away... :beer:

Russ

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
lots of big words there...

I figured the letters per word skyrocketed, but I guess not. I figured it went past 6 or 7, so I checked.

Turns out you used enough small words, Russ, to cancel out the big ones! I got 5.1684 letters per word...

DANGIT! there goes my joke.

Ryan

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Hey guys,

I've been off line for awhile because I got an Acute Pancreatitis attack on Thursday morning, March 15th. I was released from the hospital on March 22nd and am starting to feel better now. Sure hurt bad!

Going to the Doc this afternoon for a consultation because I still need surgery very soon. Gotta get my gallbladder removed, a 'Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatiagram' and a Laproscopic Cholestectomy which is like a Sphincterotomy for the bile duct gland, from what the Doc said.

Looks like my next cold beer is a few weeks away... :beer:

Russ

You might want to talk to your doctor about that. If you're having done what I think you're having done, you're next cold beer could kill you. Seriously, you'd better ask your doctor about that.

Gunner15a

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
If you're having done what I think you're having done, you're next cold beer could kill you.

Not to make light of your troubles Russ, but kinda 6 of 1 half dozen of the other right?

Kep4

Jäger
Thanks guys.
Regarding the beer or any alcohol, Chronic Pancreatitis is caused by alcoholism.
Acute Pancreatitis can be caused by excessive alcohol consumption (#2 cause) but that was not the cause in my case. The #1 cause is a gallstone passing and getting stuck in the bile duct which blocks the flow of digestive enzymes to the small intestine. The Pancreatic fluid backs up and begins to digest the Pancreas itself which causes Acute Pancreatitis. That's what happened to me and it's amazingly painful.

What really upsets me is I have to delay Turkey hunting until the end of April. This weekend we were going and the weather will be just perfect.

I already spoke with my doctors about the whole deal and they said recreational drinking is OK, just no binge drinking. At 45 years old, I don't binge drink anymore! :beer:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Thanks guys.
Regarding the beer or any alcohol, Chronic Pancreatitis is caused by alcoholism.
Acute Pancreatitis can be caused by excessive alcohol consumption (#2 cause) but that was not the cause in my case. The #1 cause is a gallstone passing and getting stuck in the bile duct which blocks the flow of digestive enzymes to the small intestine. The Pancreatic fluid backs up and begins to digest the Pancreas itself which causes Acute Pancreatitis. That's what happened to me and it's amazingly painful.

What really upsets me is I have to delay Turkey hunting until the end of April. This weekend we were going and the weather will be just perfect.

I already spoke with my doctors about the whole deal and they said recreational drinking is OK, just no binge drinking. At 45 years old, I don't binge drink anymore! :beer:

I was just wondering. My best freinds little brother was in a car accident some years ago and had to have both his gall bladder and his pancreas removed. What the doctors told him was that if he drank anything it would take months to leave his system..........But I'm sure there are factors there that I'm not aware of, either.

Gunner

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night!!!

I say do what you want and what makes you fell good.

Amazing how "things" happen to innocent people and people who lead horrible lives live to be old and grumpy.

Hey... take care and do what is right... then blast away at the Turkeys, drink beer (not sure how many is binge drinking... but I say more than 10 is)!!!!

Yep... under 10 and your safe... more than 10 you may be bindg drinking.

Kep4

Jäger
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Think I'll pop open a Fosters Lager this weekend and savor the flavor. :beer:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Hmmm...Does that mean that you could buzzz from one drink for months? :rofl:

Take care Kep...get better soon.YelloThumbUp

Literally. Circulating through his liver over and over, doing damage instead of one pass and leaving his system.

Gunner

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Russ, your wife must be having the most trouble with this. Having a cute pancritis must be making all the girls drool over you. I would say that will definatly kill you, probably long before the drinking will. Seriously, hope your doing better. I have been dedicated to your cause though, drinking enough Bud to keep the beer market stable in your absence.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts