Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ABS and tail lights

I have been having brake issues. I thought it was the master cylinder. THe pedal has had more travel than it should. When I pushed it it woudl fell like it started to grab then would let loose and then grab later. It feels like the back brakes are not working correctly. Well when I came out of work today. The battery was dead, even though the lights were not on. After getting it started, I realize the tail lights or brake lights are on all the time, even if the light switch is off. Also the ABS light is on. I have not done any thing yet just thought I would get suggestions of where to start. thanks

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have been having brake issues. I thought it was the master cylinder. THe pedal has had more travel than it should. When I pushed it it woudl fell like it started to grab then would let loose and then grab later. It feels like the back brakes are not working correctly. Well when I came out of work today. The battery was dead, even though the lights were not on. After getting it started, I realize the tail lights or brake lights are on all the time, even if the light switch is off. Also the ABS light is on. I have not done any thing yet just thought I would get suggestions of where to start. thanks
You got a switch on the master cyl?

blacksnapon

Staff member
If its just a switch at the bottom of the m/c, thats just the level sensor. Concentrate on the "BOO" switch on the pedal assembly. If its shorted, your brakelights will stay on constantly.

Ford Truck Articles