Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

93 F250 question..

Hey guys,
my cousin just picked up a 93 F250 today, 351w in it.. just an XL.. oh and it 2WD

when we were driving back today, i noticed he doesnt have an overdrive button.. what tranny would it have in it.. i thought all the gen 9's had OD..

had me confused...

other than that.. its a pretty nice truck, like a said 1993 F250 with the 351 in it.. 88k miles on it.. needs shocks up front only problem i can point out so far..

only other issue to him is the brakes which do seem kind of funky although i havent driven it yet.. he barely hit the pedal cause we had to stop a little quick and the front locked up..

oh and the other thing is the ABS light.. the guy he bought it from put 33's in the back but has a smaller size up front.. he said it tripped the ABS light and they pulled the fuse for it for some reason..

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Ford was installing the C6 in cars and trucks until as late as ~96, so it's possible that he's got the 3-speed C6.

Is the truck 4wd? If it is and he has two different sized tires then you need to get a uniform sized set of tires on that truck asap. That's bad news. Thought I'm not quite sure how it could possibly trip the ABS light... That sounds like more of a problem with the brake system.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's a 2wd...at the end of the first line. Is there any way an AOD coulda been in there...I thought they stopped those around '93...or possibly an AODE (dunno much about those or what they came in, just know they were til 94)...in which case, the OD would be on the indicator. So there should be an 'O' around the 'D' and there should be a 'D' on the indicator as well. But as Chris said...could also have a C6 in there...but I thought that was only in the heavier trucks.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Hey guys,
my cousin just picked up a 93 F250 today, 351w in it.. just an XL.. oh and it 2WD

i honestly dont think having 2 different sizes front and back would trip an ABS ligh, although i could be wrong as well. chris the truck is 2wdsmilieneenar
the abs light might be a problem with the speed sensors or possibly the abs computer. is he joining the site now that he has a ford?!?!?!?!YelloThumbUp

Look at what time he edited his post, compared to my post time. Smartasses 'smiliedoh'

lol, yup i edited the post just before he posted!

like he said to me a minute ago, never question skan! (not that anyone questioned him... lol)

and yeh i thought something was fishy there.. its kinda low on brake fluid and im pretty sure that will trip an ABS light too, so ill top it off for him and see what it does

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Look at what time he edited his post, compared to my post time. Smartasses 'smiliedoh'

You should know by now, that wasn't an attempt at being a smartazz...plus I didn't see he had edited it.

and yeh i thought something was fishy there.. its kinda low on brake fluid and im pretty sure that will trip an ABS light too, so ill top it off for him and see what it does

And yes...low fluid will trip the ABS light. But to answer my assumption about the tranny, did you take a look at the indicator to see if the OD symbol was on there?

...did you take a look at the indicator to see if the OD symbol was on there?

no i havent yet, ill have to look.. i didnt know the trucks were ever like that.. ive only seen it in taurus's.. learn something new everyday lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well it'll only be like that if it has an AOD...and I'm pretty sure the AOD went til '93.

sounds like a C6. another way to find out is look at the gear selector window on the dash, a C6 will have D-2-1 where an E4OD will have OD-2-1

this has been established already YelloThumbUp

but thanks, i gutta go look

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts