Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

81 f-250 4 x 4 front brake job

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
im assuming your talking about the small screws that hold it on the hub,simply run a tap through the holes to cleanup the threads use 3 in 1 penetrant or oil for tap lubrication,if the screws are damaged ya may want to replace them.....there are some that dont even reuse the screws as the caliper assembly will keep the rotor from going anywhere along with wheel lug nut tightening.

I think you are talking about the actual lugs that the rotor is pressed into the hub with???
Usually you need to press them in as they have splines and they press through the hub and rotor. I have had issued with new studs being incorrect and it wouldn't fit properly. If they are the correct studs then you need a brass drift and you can knock them in with that and a hammer if you do not have a press. Try to do it in a sequence so they are going in on all sides evenly.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
wasnt sure by his explanation...i have also drawn them in with a buzzgun if you have air tool capablity..take a extra lug nut & thread it on the stud inverted so the flat side is down.draw it up with the gun.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts