Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

69 F250

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Just picked up a new toy. 69 F250, 300 six, 4 sp. Engine is a 77. Runs nice and smooth. New radiator, carb, fuel pump and clutch. I was hoping for disc brakes up front but it has drums.

Attachments

• 69 f250.jpg
  • 300.jpg
  • 69 interior.jpg

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Looks awesome! Congrats!
The headliner is sweet, 5th gens go great with those west coast style tow mirrors in case you are considering different mirror options.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
check out that head liner...

That's a really cool truck. If I got an older truck from then up to trough the 80's, I'd want a 300 w/ a 4 speed. Awesome setup.

Ryan

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Update.
Been driving it daily for almost a month now and no problems at all. Future plans for it so far-
Round up the parts to add front disc brakes.
Add a/c. Probably a vintage air in dash unit, unless I can find a dealer type under dash unit at a better price.
Possibly power steering.
Factory style steel wheels and hub caps.
Aluminum grill and chrome bumpers.
And of course, bodywork and paint. Most likely grabber blue, with a similar white stripe and roof.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think I have those shop manuals that are on the list to be scanned.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Are there any manuals you're on the lookout for?

I've pretty much got them all from 68 through 85....looking for some spec manuals though and earlier ones...you know of some?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Now, is that an NP435 or just a 3spd with OD? Sweet truck Tony and I especially like the stripe. I can almost smell the interior just looking at the pics.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
It's not a 3sp with o/d. It's a granny 4 sp. Not sure if its a np435 though. Reverse is over and up instead of down.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Not bad, not many '68-'69 3/4 tons had disk brakes only the higher end trim packages such as the XLT Ranger, which is what I have...

Over and up? Sounds like a newer model trans, I'll have to search because the only trans with that pattern I knew of was the O/D trans in the vans and f100s... now I'm curious...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I vaugely remember coming across a truck way back when I first got my license that had an over and up reverse trans that wasn't O/D. Was a mid '70s too...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts