Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

4R70Swap

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
ive just learned that a 4r70W from a 4.2V6 truck will fit mine.. and my c4 is giving me all kinds of problem.. the Trans is down again if i get it back in and its not working i will sell it for parts..

and i wanted to ask..
becuase the parts truck (2000 4.2V6 F150) we have has an perfectly good 4R70W trans in it :)

what does the swap contains??
all i can think of now is a stand alone trans controller since my truck is carbed..

is it the same lengt as an AOD,T5,C4,M5OD > same length

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Check to see if the v6 version is built lighter than a v8 I trashed couple that were .

Yep trans controller and and any fab work for mount ,new driveshaft

I thought when the v6 came out they changed bell house pat

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ive just learned that a 4r70W from a 4.2V6 truck will fit mine.. and my c4 is giving me all kinds of problem.. the Trans is down again if i get it back in and its not working i will sell it for parts..

and i wanted to ask..
becuase the parts truck (2000 4.2V6 F150) we have has an perfectly good 4R70W trans in it :)

what does the swap contains??
all i can think of now is a stand alone trans controller since my truck is carbed..

is it the same lengt as an AOD,T5,C4,M5OD > same length

just get the C4 fixed and you'll be happy.. the 4R70W will be not a good match to your engine IMHO... just way to much power...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Hehe not really remember 4r70w is the mustang transmission also ;) I really hope the c4 will be good now

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
How can I prove it? I know ppl who done the swap. 3.8 v6 from the mustang and the 4.2 v6 will fit the early small blocks. There are writeups all over the net.

primetime

sawmill slave
Out of curiosity, I once measured an AOD in a 93 T-bird. It was the same as a 302. The bolt holes did need drilled out to accept 302 bolts, iirc. As to the 4R70 being weaker, probably not. Is there a difference between 6 and 8 cyl versions? I don`t know. Lets not forget you gain a lower first and second gear, and OD, which is kind of handy with 4.10s. By the time you get a stand alone contoller, it may behoove you to look at buying an appropriatly built AOD or C-4. Personaly, I would go with an AOD with a wide ratio kit, either a Lentech or TCI valvebody, and a convertor, but that`s just me.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i will most likely stay with the C4 the price of the 4r70w working and stuff will be more than to fix my c4

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts