Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351W power steering pump

Hey all you fanatics. I got the '52 running and on the road. We still have a couple of hurdles to cross. First, the power steering pump locked up. Its a chrome pump housing. Maybe a custom unit. Can this be rebuilt? If not then we need a new one. Where can we find the chrome custom pumps?
We're using this on a tricked out 351W. It's a bad boy. We need something that can take the high revs. Thanks
Fast Eddie

No OEM power steering pump unit I'm aware of was ever chromed. It's most likely rebuildable, since the pump had to be assembled after it was chromed. You could check with a local parts store or hydraulic shop and see if they have recommendations for rebuilders. The only place I know of where you could find another chrome pump would be Speedway or Summit or other such place that sells dress up goodies.

Fellro

Staff member
Would be good to maybe snap a pic, and we could help identify it better, as there are many option for what it could be, even if it is a Ford piece. As stated, Ford didn't chrome them, it is aftermarket in that sense. The question is if it is a Ford manufacture, or some thing like a Saginaw pump.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts