Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2010 STX 4x4 supercab

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I think the floor shifter is an STX feature, you still get the dash switch with the XLT and up. Looking at the owners manual and it appears they work pretty much the same.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The floor shifter is a little more badass and rugged like the trucks of yesteryear, so if I got to pick, I think that would be my choice. Can you shift on the fly into 4H like the electric switch?

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
The floor shifter is a little more badass and rugged like the trucks of yesteryear, so if I got to pick, I think that would be my choice. Can you shift on the fly into 4H like the electric switch?

Ryan
According to the manual you can. For 4L it's says you have to be under 3 mph and shift to N first.

If only they made an STX Superduty...

Seems like it would be a good model for the Superduty.

According to the info center on the truck I'm getting 17.7 mpg. Drove it for a week to and from work on 1/2 a tank. Filled it yesterday and it took 20.5 gallons so it must be a 40 gallon tank.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
looked at the owners manual and it says 26 gal. and then 36 gal. as optional. I assume it has the 36 gal. but can't find anywhere that it says what size the tank is.

It's a little weird to not have a gas cap either.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I have put a little over 5k miles on it and so far I haven't had any problems and I'm really enjoying the truck. Still miss the old one at times but I really like this one.

Got the windows tinted and my father in-law gave me the top from my old truck. Top seems to fit ok but it could be about an inch longer.

According to the dash display I normally get in between 19-20 mpg's on a normal week. Coming home from the lake this weekend I averaged 21.7 on 44 from Springfield to St. Clair.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
It's a manual but the instructions for shifting from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive are pretty much the same as the electric shift, as far as when you can and speeds and such.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
No gas cap? Is it just open or what?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
yep, just open. no cap. It has a metal flap in the tube. Comes with a special funnel if you need to use a gas can. If I think about it I'll take a pic this weekend.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Cool. That would be great. Never saw this before.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
here you go:

IMAG0013.jpg

still not sure about the rubber floor. it's nice not having to worry about staining any carpet but it may actually be a little more work. you have to vacuum and wipe down.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Pretty cool. Can have fun with that in NJ. white out the part that says no cap then ask why the gas attendant stole your cap ;)

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
still not sure about the rubber floor. it's nice not having to worry about staining any carpet but it may actually be a little more work. you have to vacuum and wipe down.

What about sound?

Experience in a couple Rangers led me to really want the carpet just to keep sound down...though every muddy footprint I have to clean off the carpet makes me question the wisdom of that choice.

Ford Truck Articles