Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2010 STX 4x4 supercab

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
What about sound?

Experience in a couple Rangers led me to really want the carpet just to keep sound down...though every muddy footprint I have to clean off the carpet makes me question the wisdom of that choice.

I can't really tell a difference in sound. Doesn't seem any louder then the old truck with carpet.

Scott... Consider just hosing it out. :rofl:

Ryan

I get right on that. :flames:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Must be a decent truck. Corvette Forum member that lives in Syracuse bought a new STX last week, and a buddy of his liked it so well he bought one too. I had to ask, when they go to club meets, will they take the 'Vette's or the pickups. :rofl:

2z8cack.jpg

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
Must be a decent truck. Corvette Forum member that lives in Syracuse bought a new STX last week, and a buddy of his liked it so well he bought one too. I had to ask, when they go to club meets, will they take the 'Vette's or the pickups. :rofl:

2z8cack.jpg

Second admin over at the corvetteforum bought a new F150. Shares garage space with a Z06 and a ZR1.

Last edited:

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
great rebates on the '10's though- and these guys have ample horsepower tucked in the garage if they feel the need for speed.

Last edited:

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
The floor shifter is a little more badass and rugged like the trucks of yesteryear, so if I got to pick, I think that would be my choice. Can you shift on the fly into 4H like the electric switch?

Ryan

Actually used it a few times the past couple of days and it works just like the switch on other models. The only difference I see is that you have to reach down to pull the shifter instead of just reaching forward and turning the switch.

Actually used it a few times the past couple of days and it works just like the switch on other models. The only difference I see is that you have to reach down to pull the shifter instead of just reaching forward and turning the switch.

The other difference, if I'm not mistaken is, you also have a neutral position on the floor shift that's not on the dash dial. That's important if you're going to dinghy tow the vehicle behind a motor home, for example.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
We had that issue at my old job with our E250. Turned out to be brake dust combined with morning moisture in the rear brake drums.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles