Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

200k Club =]

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah, some of us are still on original equipment. ;)

Ryan

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I dont know how many miles are on the trucks but Im guessin aleast 200,000 if not 300,000 with as many problems as they have. The jeep I dont know but the odometer says 47000 not sure what numbers in front of that though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben you can't omit the fact that thunder is on it's second engine/tranny :p

Yeah, some of us are still on original equipment. ;)

Ryan

Ok Chris if you wanna make it complicated...Tranny in Thunder was rebuilt at 212k...my brother threw a rod in the 460 at 221k...and now it has a 91 460 in it for the time being with less than 80k on it...but now dad's breaking it in and probably put another 2k on it since Christmas. There...is that simple enough for you? So the last time I saw the odo, it read 221k, but is probably more like 223k now.

As for Red...the C6 is all stock, and the 400 was rebuilt 40k ago

The Bronco...the C6 is all stock, and the 351M is gonna get rebuilt within the next 5k.

There...I covered the basics for you Chris...and I covered any swaps/upgrades for you, Ryan. I'm pretty sure I just filled my quotoa for pleasing people today...so 'biteme' smilietease smilietease HAHAHA

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No, it should go to 999,999......

when you first start the truck and you see all eights across it.. the 1st digit shows a two with the extra line from the one.. so... it can read 300k.. but once you hit 4.. i dunno what it does..

My trusty steed is showing a pretty big number right now.. course that's in kilometers but it still works out to 239000 miles.

Hey man! Whered you get that 6 digit odometer? My '89 only has 5? :suspicious:

The 302's are definately awesome (my dad traded in his '93 in in '00 with 291k runnin strong) BUT I think the 300 six is by far,hands down, the most bullet proof motor EVER built! I pulled mine out @ 387k to put in the winsor. The six sat open to the weather full of water for 2 years, sold it to a guy just 4 a builder head & he ended up runnin the whole thing after a new head gasket just to put it back together. Last heard itwas over 450k in '05. They run without oil, swamped in the river, they love it all 2.
BTW My 4dr has that Winsor in it to date @ 284k & has pushed 40's & 44's itz whole life. Don't forget the 9385# siding trailer & the 24' flatbed trailer that are pulled daily. FORDS RULE

haha.. not worried bout mine at all... its been well maintained and has been in the family since it was 2 years old, with only 30k.. 10w40 and mystery oil used in it for a longggg time.. i started using the Engine Restore when i got it.. so its still runnin strong! Plugs and wires are comming next.. funny thing bout plugs.. my friend says they GIVE you horsepower.. which i disagree.. thoughts?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
The only way I notice anything when I change plugs is if the old ones were really dirty. I have them taylor wires and they are really good compared to anything else Ive used. Them kinds of wires help with the spark and might give ya a hair more power but not much.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
what im wondering is what does it say once it hits 300k.. that first digit only reads up to 2... hmmmm... any one seen it yet?

No, it should go to 999,999......

Yep...I watched a friend's '95 F-350 roll over 300,000 on an odometer that looks just like that.

ok, so did it get to 400? cause like i said... shows a 2 with the extra line from the one when you start it up.. ya know when all the lights come on.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
No, he ain't hit 400 yet...

im waitin to see that lol... will be interesting

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I understand what Brian is trying to say... The digits on the odometer are each made up of 7 lines which together form a character-- the leftmost digit on our odometers is lacking 1 of those lines, IIRC. You can see the individual lines in this picture:

514805.jpg

If you look at one of the 8's, the missing line is the upper line on the left-hand side. Without that line-- one cannot display a 0, 4, 5, 6, 8, or 9.

yeh.. hmm wonder if anyone will ever see 400k...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts