Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1993 F250 XLT w/turbo rusted body

Hey y'all, I recently got my truck and I'm wanting to make it look good again. It has rusted spots on the body which I was told is common for this generation of pick ups. I had also heard that there were panels or the sort that one could order and a shop would replace the rusty part. I recently had my sister call a diesel shop (I'm currently deployed) to see how much it would cost me and they said I needed to replace the whole bed side. Is this the same thing??? If you could assist me it'd be appreciated.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Rust.......uggg...... cancer. The truth about rust is, for what rust you can see there is almost always a LOT more that you can't see (but down the road, oh yeah, you will). IMO, whomever she called was playing it safe with a blind repair, and rightfully so. But with all this in mind, if you have a vehicle with cancer (perforations, significant surface rust, and do be honest about this and put ALL emotions aside) you would most likely be very smart and many dollars ahead to get a better vehicle.

Fellro

Staff member
If your box is pretty rusty, as in interior panels and suck, not just a little at the lip, you are far more ahead to replace the entire box with a good one. To hire a job like that you could dang near buy a complete rust free box from the south.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
You need to go to a body shop . Not diesel shop . They do make above arch panels but the bottom edges go to. If you get into putting a whole bed side on .
For part expense and labor for sides I know you could get a good bed . I 'll have over $600 in bed side panels . And cross-member will probably go next . For $1000 I can get a rust free bed from out west . I live in back woods PA

Ford Truck Articles