Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Do you have the owners manual or other paperwork that came with your truck?

FTF'er

Do you have the owners manual or other paperwork that came with your truck?

I bought my '79 well used, and it came with the owners manual, warranty ID card, warranty booklet (explaining what is covered and what isn't), a corrosion warranty paper, and some paper telling how to load the truck and put a camper on it.

I think it's cool that after several owners over the years that so much paperwork is still with truck.

Did Ford use any type of build sheet? And where should I look for it on a '79 f150?

And my 2 year old daughter is helping me type, she says:

gtgt yyyqcccccccccccvvvbbbnm 66666 5

00147***

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
No paperwork with my truck, but I got a 73 owners manual on ebay

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I saw a 78 F250 in a junkyard once, that had the owners manual still in the glovebox. Weird how it fit right in my pocket...

FTF'er

Was it like they were made for each other?

Fellro

Staff member
My dad's 84 still has it, as he is the original owner... My 86 does, who knows how many owners it has been through...

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Sure was. I'll have ot see if I can dig it out, in case anybody needs it.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
2007_10050001.JPG
I've got the owners manual too.

Yes I still have everything for mine

2007_10050001.JPG
I've got the owners manual too.

While it was much more popular later in years to collect and save the window sticker it was not that common back in the late 70's.

To the OP there is a build sheet, usually it is found under the carpet area on the driver side.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You can also email Ford and request a build sheet. I don't know how long they keep the records but I emailed them a year or 2 ago and they sent one to me:

1995F150BuildSheet2.jpg

I've also got my orig window sticker:

windowsticker.jpg

And the extra sticker for the cost of the Centurion stretch:

windowsticker2.jpg

They keep them for a while Skan, I got one for my 250 last year. I still need to order one for the Bronco.

Papers, We doan need no steenkin papers.

But it's cool if you get something with your truck. I bought my '70 recently and was amazed to find the factory build sheet behind the springs in the seatback! If you are into keeping an all original truck, finding your original build specs is hard on a 39year old truck, I got lucky!!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I have the owner's manual and a bunch of repair receipts for my truck. No idea what happened to the sticker, unfortunately.

I'm the second owner, know the original owner. Remember the truck before it had 1000 miles on it.

I still have the manuals and window sticker from the truck in my signature, considering my dad ordered it and its a one owner vehicle. :)

FTF'er
But it's cool if you get something with your truck. I bought my '70 recently and was amazed to find the factory build sheet behind the springs in the seatback! If you are into keeping an all original truck, finding your original build specs is hard on a 39year old truck, I got lucky!!
Yeah, it's cool when the paperwork can stay with the truck for so long. The '79 I have now has the most paperwork I've found in a '79 or older vehicle. The '76 F350 had the owner's manual, but nothing else.

When I was much younger, I bought my Grandma's '77 Thunderbird (with a 400 YelloThumbUp ) from her. She had every piece of paper associated with that car since it was new, even for oil changes!

FYI, Build sheets take a while to get from Ford (depending on the year of your truck). Anywhere from 6-8 weeks.

Fellro

Staff member
I found the build sheet for my 77, pretty well disintegrated, but told me a lot about the truck.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Build sheets have also been located in the seat springs underneath the seat, and behind the panel on the roof of the interior.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts