Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How to: Pet Hair Removal

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Here's a tip to remove stubborn animal hair from your truck. There are many expensive brushes, rubber gloves, tape rolls out there, but my tip won't break the bank.

Step one: go to your local beauty supply store (bring your wife to disguise the fact that you're going into a place man rarely travels) and pick up a pumice bar.

Step two: pay the roughly $2 for the bar, $45 for your wife's foot cream she grabbed.

Step three: run the stone across your seats/carpet in a one-way linear patter, gathering the hair into a line.

Step four: vacuum the hair, occasionally run the vacuum over the bar to remove built up hair.

Here's a tip: go easy on your trunk carpet & headliner. If the bar breaks up on contact, you're out of luck when it comes to using it there. (the bar doesn't like really short pile carpet)

This is just with running the bar. At this point, I'd vacuum and continue onto the remainder of the headrest.

2012-09-01_14-36-33_136.jpg

2012-09-01_14-27-58_91.jpg

good deal...I'd imagine this would work for stubborn grass, etc that wont come out well with just a sweeper?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
good deal...I'd imagine this would work for stubborn grass, etc that wont come out well with just a sweeper?

Couldn't tell you from experience, but it might work.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Great tip....another thing that has worked for us is the lint rollers.

Great tip Austin - the commodore i brought about a month ago has a full load of dog hair in it so that will save a lot of work i hope

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts